Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Crust – creamy cheesecake that’s studded with chocolate chips sits on a rich, dark chocolate cookie crust.
Have I told you about my boys’ job? They walk our neighbor’s dogs every morning before school. IKR! I wasn’t for this, but they haven’t complained once about having to get up 30 minutes early. They are paid on Friday!
They started this during the summer and have saved all of their money. Ryder just bought himself an iPod. He is thrilled with himself. I’m thrilled for him. And, you know what? I know that he’ll take better care of it since he bought it than if I had bought it for him. No taking it to school, no leaving it at a friend’s, no misplacing it. I am super proud of them.
Lincoln wants an Xbox, some special kind that he can connect with his friends and play. I’m sure I’m about to learn more than I want to know about it since he almost has enough money saved.
And, all this right before Christmas!! What does Santa bring to boys that have bought their own favorite toy!?
Because, you know, Christmas is just around the corner! I usually make my neighbors and friends a tray full of desserts. These Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are always on it. Frankly, because Big Daddy likes them and wants me to make them so he can sneak a few.
They are perfect for gift giving or tailgating. I make them a day ahead. They cut much easier cold anyway. Actually, most desserts slice better cold.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
You could make this is a round springform pan, but for gift-giving, I like the bars. Besides, bars cook quicker, which is always a bonus when you’re spending all your time trying to figure out what to buy your kids for Christmas. I mean, what you plan to tell Santa to bring your kids for Christmas.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Crust
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 and ½ cups chocolate graham crackers crushed
- 10 tablespoons butter melted (real butter, no substitutions)
- ½ cup granulated sugar for the crust
- 24 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar for the cream cheese mixture
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips mini or regular or whatever you have.
- Pour mixture into pan and firmly press evenly on bottom. Allow this to sit and cool while preparing the cream cheese mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to cream.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until just combined before adding another egg.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Stir chocolate chips in by hand.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn oven off and allow to sit in hot oven 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Cook time listed above does not account for cooling time.
- I prefer dark chocolate chips for this recipe, but any will work.
- Cold cheesecake cuts much smoother and easier.