Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Crust – creamy cheesecake that’s studded with chocolate chips sits on a rich, dark chocolate cookie crust.
Have I told you about my boys’ job? They walk our neighbors dogs every morning before school. IKR! I wasn’t for this, but they haven’t complained once about having to get up 30 minutes early. They get paid every Friday and that totally makes their day, week, month!
They’ve been doing this since before school started and both have saved all their money. Ryder just bought himself an Ipod. He is thrilled with himself. I’m thrilled for him. And, you know what? I know that he’ll take better care of it since he bought it than if I had bought it for him. No taking it to school, no leaving it at a friend’s, no misplacing it. I am super proud of them.
Lincoln wants an Xbox, some special kind that he can connect with his friends and play. I’m sure I’m about to learn more than I want to know about it since he almost has enough money saved.
And, all this right before Christmas!! What does Santa bring to boys that have bought their own favorite toy!?
Because, you know, Christmas is just around the corner! I usually make my neighbors and friends a tray full of desserts. These Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are always on it. Frankly, because Big Daddy likes them and wants me to make them so he can sneak a few.
They are perfect for gift giving or tailgating. I make them a day ahead. They cut much easier cold anyway. Actually, most desserts slice better cold.
You could make this is a round spring form pan, but for gift giving I like the bars. Besides, bars cook quicker, which is always a bonus when you’re spending all your time trying to figure out what to buy your kids for Christmas. I mean, what you plan to tell Santa to bring your kids for Christmas.
- 2 and 1/2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 10 tablespoons butter melted (real butter, no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for the crust
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese (24 ounces) at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar for the cream cheese mixture
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips mini or regular or whatever you have.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray or line it with aluminum foil and spray the foil.
- Combine crackers crumbs, butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour mixture into pan and firmly press evenly on bottom. Allow this to sit and cool while preparing the cream cheese mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to cream.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until just combined before adding another egg.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Stir chocolate chips in by hand.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn oven off and allow to sit in hot oven 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Cook time listed above does not account for cooling time.I prefer dark chocolate chips for this recipe, but any will work.Cold cheesecake cuts much smoother and easier. ©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.