German Chocolate Cheesecake, the crowd-pleasing cake is turned into a luscious cheesecake. Creamy chocolate cheesecake is topped with a rich pecan coconut frosting, making this one very indulgent dessert!
German Chocolate Cheesecake time!
I highly recommend you purchase a 9-inch springform pan for cheesecakes. Cheesecakes are delicate, and you just can’t remove them without breaking them if you bake them in a regular can pan.
German Chocolate Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup coconut flaked
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Wrap heavy-duty aluminum foil tightly around the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Spray inside of the pan with non-stick vegetable spray or Wilton cake release, press crumb mixture in bottom of the pan and 1 inch up the sides. Bake crust at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place 1-inch water in a large pan, I use a 9x13 cake pan. Place it on the bottom rack. Place springform pan on the rack directly above the water. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until the center is just set and top appears matte not shiny. Remove the cheesecake and cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or overnight before cutting.
- Remove sides of the springform pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine all the topping ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 3 - 5 minutes. Cool. Spread topping over the cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.