A heavenly delight, Chocolate Cherry Cobbler Cake is an exquisite combination of rich chocolate, tart cherries, and melt-in-your-mouth decadence. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, this recipe is sure to become a household favorite, and we’re here to guide you through how to make it.
Oh look! CCCC! I should have named it the 4Cs or 3 Cs Cake! 😆
Indulging in desserts is like taking a delicious journey to happiness. The Chocolate Cherry Cobbler is a delightful harmony of sweet and tangy. With every bite, you’ll savor the lusciousness of the cherry pie filling, mingling beautifully with the rich, velvety texture of the chocolate cake mix. The semi-sweet chocolate chips scattered throughout add an extra layer of decadence, providing bursts of intense cocoa flavor that perfectly complement the fruity cherries.
Chocolate Cherry Cobbler Cake Ingredients
- chocolate cake mix
- cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or powdered sugar for dusting
This is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How to serve
The contrast between the warmth of the cobbler and the cold scoop of vanilla ice cream on top creates a sensory experience that’s hard to beat. The chocolate, cherry, and buttery cobbler crust combine to create a sweet symphony in your mouth. It’s a dessert that’s guaranteed to make your taste buds sing with joy.
Chocolate Cherry Cobbler is a dessert that hits all the right notes. It’s an easy-to-make, crowd-pleasing treat that’s perfect for any occasion, from cozy family gatherings to elegant dinner parties. The combination of the chocolate cake mix, cherry pie filling, and a generous amount of semi-sweet chocolate chips creates a delightful medley of flavors and textures that will leave you craving for more.
Whether you’re serving it piping hot with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or enjoying it chilled as a midnight snack, this dessert is a winner. So, what are you waiting for? Get your apron on and start baking this heavenly delight!
Frequently Asked Questions
While the chocolate cake mix works wonderfully with the cherries and chocolate chips, you can certainly experiment with other flavors. A yellow or white cake mix can be used for a slightly different twist.
You can use fresh cherries, but using cherry pie filling is much more convenient. If you opt for fresh cherries, you’ll need to prepare them by pitting and sweetening them to your taste.
If you happen to have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can reheat them in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to enjoy them again.
While margarine can be substituted for
In conclusion, Chocolate Cherry Cobbler is a dessert that embodies comfort and indulgence. With a combination of simple ingredients, it transforms into a dessert sure to please the palates of all who try it.
Whether you’re a chocoholic, a fruit lover, or just someone who enjoys a good dessert, this cobbler will become a staple in your recipe repertoire. So, go ahead, whip up a batch, and let your taste buds experience this heavenly delight!
Chocolate Cherry Cobbler Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- About ½ box 15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 – 21 ounces can cherry pie filling
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: whipped cream vanilla ice cream, or powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the dry chocolate cake mix evenly into the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Open the can of cherry pie filling and carefully spoon it over the cake mix layer. Spread it out as evenly as possible.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the stick of unsalted butter in the microwave. This will take about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be sure not to overheat it.
- Once the butter is melted, drizzle it evenly over the cherry pie filling layer in the baking dish. The butter will help create a deliciously moist and rich cake.
- Sprinkle the semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly over the top of the cake. They will melt and create a gooey, chocolatey layer.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the cake mix layer comes out clean. The baking time may vary slightly depending on your oven, so keep an eye on it.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly. You can serve it warm as is or with your choice of toppings like whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar.