Potluck Strawberry Jello Cake is a simple and quick dessert recipe that’s perfect for potlucks and sharing. This poke cake is made with cake mix, strawberry gelatin, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, and instant pudding.
This is a great make-ahead dessert because it get more moist the longer it sits!
Potluck Strawberry Jello Cake
There is nothing I love more than a cool dessert during the hot months. While you do have to bake the cake, it starts with a mix and is very simple to whip together. After that, the remaining preparation is no bake and no cook.
Another bonus of this cake it’s a great make-ahead dessert. It’s gets better after its sits for a while. In my personal opinion, 24 hours is the best amount of time to enjoy it!
There are a lot of poke cake recipes to choose from. Some use gelatin poured over the cake, others use pudding, and some reguire sweetened condensed milk. While all are good, I’m a big fan of sweetened condensed milk. Therefore, that’s what I chose for my strawberry cake.
Ingredients for Strawberry Jello Cake
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
Here is more information on the Recipe Box.
The exact product I used is in the blue writing.
How to make Homemade Whipped Cream
Summer is prime time for reunions and gatherings. Make it easier on yourself and bookmark this page for an easy guide for recipes, Grandma Approved Recipes to Make for your Family Reunion and Easy Recipes To Feed A Crowd. Additionally, pound cakes are always a hit at socials. If you’re new to Call Me PMc, I have tested and shared over 90 pound cake recipes, check them out here, Pound Cakes Reviewed. As well, these a some of my most popular pound cake recipes.
Potluck Strawberry Jello Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 15.25 ounce white cake mix + ingredients on box of cake mix for cake
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin like Jello brand
- 8 ounces whipped cream like Cool Whip brand (or make homemade)
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate instant pudding
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray or solid vegetable shortening.
- Make the cake according to the box's directions and add a 3-ounce package of strawberry gelatin (Jello). (Don't make the Jello, just put the dry mix in.) bake in a 9×13 baking dish using the time indicated on the cake mix box as a guide.
- When the cake is done and still warm poke holes in the cake with a long skewer or butter knife.
- Slowly pour the condensed milk over the cake allowing it to soak into the holes and the edges of the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate until the cake is chilled. (You can do the next step when the cake it chilled or wait until you're ready to serve it.)
- Mix the whipped topping and 2 tablespoons of white chocolate instant pudding together carefully to not deflate the whipped topping. Spread the mixture over the chilled cake.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with strawberries before serving.