Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe is a simple classic and always a crowd-pleaser! It’s creamy and smooth on the inside with a crispy crust on the outside and top. I love that!
This buttery cake is great with fresh fruit, fruit sauce, cool whip, caramel, chocolate or plain. It’s very versatile; this is one reason I like it for potlucks and parties. You can serve a Pound Cake Bar with various toppings and everyone will be happy!
This Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe is another classic Pound Cake recipe I’ve made for my Pound Cake series. You can get all the recipes here.
Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe Tips
- Always use real butter in pound cake recipes unless the recipe specifically gives you a substitution
- Use good quality ingredients. Premium flour, butter and vanilla especially. It really does make a difference in taste
- The standard in any recipe is to use Grade A Large eggs. If you use a smaller egg use this guide for substitutions
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVER POUND CAKE
I recommend storing leftover pound cake on the counter at room temperature in an airtight container. I usually wrap it in plastic wrap or cut it in slices and keep it in a covered cake plate. It will last anywhere from 3 to 4 days at room temperature.
CAN I FREEZE POUND CAKE?
Pound cake is great for freezing. Wrap it up tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap and store it in the freezer for 4 to 6 months.
You may enjoy these pound cakes
Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add eggs one at a time beating each one in before adding the next.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl then add to batter 1/2 cup at a time until combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 325 degrees for 80 to 85 minutes. I always like to start testing at 75 minutes. Carefully insert a long wooden pick into center of cake. Cake is done when dry crumbs or no crumbs stick to the pick.
- Allow cake to cool on a wire rack for 1 to 20 minutes before inverting on a tray to cool completely.