Fresh Strawberry Sauce recipe is quick, easy, and takes just one pot and four ingredients. It’s delicious on pancakes, ice cream, ice cream, cakes, or mixed into yogurt.
My strawberry sauce recipe is like biting into a fresh, juicy strawberry and it can be made in just minutes. Don’t let strawberry season pass by without making this delightful spread.
FRESH STRAWBERRY SAUCE
I try to cook seasonally, using fresh ingredients when I can. Spring is probably my favorite time of year to cook with fresh ingredients. Fresh berries, citrus fruits, spring greens are all so refreshing. You may have guessed that strawberries are a favorite of mine since I have so many strawberry recipes on this site for you.
Making a sweet strawberry sauce is a great way to use fresh strawberries. As well, you can store it in the fridge about 7 days or freeze it for a couple of months.
Oftentimes, if you have a couple of staples on hand you can create a great dessert in minutes when unexpected guests visit. I like to keep some of this Strawberry Sauce, or topping, ready for just those occasions. It is such a versatile sauce made with just four ingredients. Furthermore, you can use fresh or frozen strawberries to make it. I serve it hot or cold and recommend using it in these ways.
- You can enjoy it over ice cream or frozen yogurt. However, it’s also really good mixed in tangy sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Over Pound Cake or Angel Food Cake (with or without ice cream)
- Or on waffles or pancakes (with cool whip!) or biscuits.
- It’s great on plain cheesecake too.
Can you think of more ways to serve this yummy sauce?
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Fresh Strawberry Sauce
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and ¼ cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon plus 3/4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon s water
- In a saucepan, combine strawberries and sugar; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water; whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to strawberries and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and continue boiling 5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Set aside. The sauce will thicken more upon cooling.
- *for a thinner sauce add an additional 1/2 c water. Make this addition to the strawberries and sugar and water, boil. Continue recipe with adding cornstarch.