This Fresh Strawberry Sauce is quick, easy, and takes just one pot and four ingredients. It’s delicious on pancakes, ice cream, ice cream, cakes, or mixed into yogurt.
It’s like biting into a fresh, juicy strawberry and can be made in just minutes.
FRESH STRAWBERRY SAUCE
I try to cook seasonally, using fresh ingredients when I can. Spring is probably my favorite time of year to cook with fresh ingredients. Fresh berries, citrus fruits, spring greens are all so refreshing. You may have guessed that strawberries are a favorite of mine since I have so many strawberry recipes on this site for you.
Oftentimes, if you have a couple of staples on hand you can create a great dessert in minutes when unexpected guests visit. I like to keep some of this Strawberry Sauce, or Strawberry Topping, ready for just those occasions. It is such a versatile sauce made with just four ingredients. Furthermore, you can use fresh or frozen strawberries to make it. I serve it hot or cold and recommend using it in these ways.
- Eat it over ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Over Pound Cake or Angel Food Cake (with or without ice cream)
- Or on waffles or pancakes (with cool whip!) or biscuits.
- It’s great on plain cheesecake too.
Can you think of more ways to serve this yummy sauce?
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Fresh Strawberry Sauce
- In a saucepan, combine strawberries and sugar; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water; whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to strawberries and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and continue boiling 5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Set aside. The sauce will thicken more upon cooling.
- *for a thinner sauce add an additional 1/2 c water. Make this addition to the strawberries and sugar and water, boil. Continue recipe with adding cornstarch.