3 Ingredient Biscuits for Two is the perfect serving for two people or one if you’re really hungry. Pillowy soft, tall and fluffy, you’ll love this homemade biscuit recipe!
Four days a week I make 3 Ingredient Biscuits for Two for the boys. Yes, I’ve spoiled them. Yes, they expect a homemade breakfast. No, they don’t like cereal or toast or poptarts or even canned biscuits. (By the way, did you know you can make grilled cheese from canned biscuits?) Once a week I can get away with make crescent rolls for them. (I simply put 1 tablespoon chocolate chips in the center, roll them and bake as normal.) And, occasionally, I’ll make their favorite pancakes, but quite honestly I hate flipping pancakes. (That’s also why I came up with these Time-saving Pancakes.)
I can literally have 3 Ingredient Biscuits for Two in less than 5 minutes and in less time than it takes for the oven to come to temperature!
This is my method for the quickest possible pancakes. I’ll put the exact measurements in the printable recipe box below.
How to make 3 Ingredient Biscuits for Two
- Turn oven on 425 degrees F
- Place 1 cup self-rising flour in a bowl
- Place solid vegetable shortening in a bowl
- Mix the flour and shortening with a fork
- Measure buttermilk and add to flour mixture
- Stir with a fork until the mixture comes together, don’t over mix
- Place a sheet of waxed paper on counter and flour lightly
- Pour dough onto paper, flour your hands and the top of the dough lightly
- Pat dough into a circle that’s one inch thick
- With a sharp knife, cut an ‘X’ in the dough making four equal sections
- Take one of the sections, hold it in one hand while shaping it into a circle with the other
- Place in a cast-iron skillet (My skillet is seasoned and doesn’t need to be greased. You may need to rub your skillet or pan with shortening, oil or butter.)
- Your oven should be preheated by now. Place biscuits into the oven and bake at 425 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes. Mine biscuits cook at 14 minutes exactly.
- Butter and serve hot!
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Buttered Pan Biscuits
- Chocolate Biscuits
- Cinnamon Biscuits
- 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Sausage and Cheddar Biscuits
3 Ingredient Biscuits for Two
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Combine shortening and flour with a fork in a bowl
- Add buttermilk and mix
- Turn dough out onto a sheet of waxed paper that's been dusted with flour
- Dust top of dough with flour and press into a disc about 1 inch thick
- Cut dough into 4 equal sections
- Form each section into a circle and place in oven-safe pan
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes at 425
- Bake until browned. Serve hot!