Turkey Peach Grilled Cheese – An unexpected sandwich combination, you’ll love the unique flavors of turkey, peaches and gooey brie in this sandwich. Buttered and grilled to perfection, this sandwich is gooey on the inside with a crisp outside.
What have I been doing lately? Well, besides cooking, cleaning and watching football, I’ve also gotten hooked on the USA network show, Rush. I mean, can people get more dysfunctional? Drugs and sex and lying, it’s so good!
After watching all four seasons of Suits in August, I missed TV drama! Rush is on the same network as Suits and looked interesting so that’s how I found it. If nothing else, it’ll make you feel good about having a boring life!
At times when I’m caught up in bad TV, I don’t want to
get off the couch cook.
Enter: Easy dinner sandwich
Turkey Peach Grilled Cheese
This makes a quick and delicious meal. I enjoy using fresh, in-season produce and peaches are perfect right now. Plus, peaches, like other fruits, are healthy. One raw medium peach has 50 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 0 grams of cholesterol and sodium, 15 grams of carbohydrate, 13 grams of sugar, 2 grams of fiber and 1 gram of protein. It provides 6% of your daily vitamin A needs and 15% of daily vitamin C needs.
I love sandwiches and I really like adding unique ingredients to sandwiches. Granted, nothing is unique about these ingredients. Therefore, maybe a better word is unexpected combinations!
Fruit adds a really nice, fresh flavor to sandwiches. Try adding peaches, mangos, strawberries, and figs to your sandwiches.
Sauces can change a simple sandwich so much. I use spicy mustard and orange marmalade as a glaze for pork loin. As well, it’s great mixed together and smeared on sandwiches.
For the bread, use your favorite. French bread, sourdough bread, and Texas toast are good. However, use low-carb or gluten-free if that’s your jam.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Ranch Melt
- Turkey Strawberry Brie Sandwich with Balsamic reduction
- Copycat Steak Escape Steak Sandwich
- Crab Cake Sandwich
- Cobb Salad Sandwich
Turkey Peach Grilled Cheese
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
For 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 4 slices french bread
- 2 ounces brie cheese sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 peach peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Heat grill pan to medium-high
- Butter bread on one side.
- Mix orange marmalade and brown mustard together, spread on bread slices on the side that is not buttered.
- Layer turkey, peaches and cheese over mustard mixture. Top with second slice of bread, mustard side down. Buttered bread should be on outside.
- Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side until bread is toasted, cheese is melted and everything is warmed through.
- Slice and serve hot.