This Grand Escape Steak Sandwich has thinly sliced beef cooked to perfection, melty cheese, peppers, onions, seasonings, and sauces. This quick-cook meal is a copycat version of a restaurant’s feature sandwich. My version is just as quick to make and is more economical than theirs!
This could be considered a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich since it has all the components of ‘hot beef and melty cheese on a long flaky roll’. I modeled my sandwich after the chain restaurant, Steak Escape’s popular Grand Escape.
GRAND ESCAPE STEAK SANDWICH
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma Skewers
- Chicken Dip
- Braised Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 18 Quick Pasta Meals
- Fried Egg Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese
- Sloppy Stromboli Joe Sandwiches
I updated this post from an earlier version. As well, I added new pictures and simplified the recipe instructions.
Grand Escape Steak Sandwich
For one generous sandwich on a 4-inch hoagie roll:
- 4 ounces chuck eye steak Thinly slice
- ¼ cup onion sliced
- ¼ cup pepper red, orange, or green sliced
- ¼ cup mushrooms sliced mushrooms, optional
- 2 slices cheese pepper jack, use your favorite or whatever you have on hand2
- 2 hoagie rolls
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon steak seasoning like Rendezvous
- 4-5 dashes soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- I like my meat-to-veggie ratio 3/4 meat to 1/4 veggies, but make it to fit what you like.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high. After it gets hot, add the oil, when the oil begins to ripple add meat and veggies.
- Toss and stir mixture cutting meat with two spatulas or knives as you turn. Cook beef to medium-rare. Add cheese over mixture and allow it to melt. Meanwhile toast bun.
- Lay toasted bun on top of the mixture and using a large spatula scoop and turn the mixture onto the bun. Serve immediately.