Turkey Philly Cheesesteak Recipe – gooey cheese and tasty turkey makes everyone happy!
Big Daddy made and ate this Turkey Philly Cheesesteak Recipe for three meals in a row. He usually never will eat something two times in a row, not to mention three! He must really like this sandwich. I know I like it. I like it because he made it and I didn’t have to cook for those three meals. Ha!
He wanted to make something ‘wow’ for his Big Daddy’s Dish series, but this was just so good and so easy we’re sharing it this month.
Turkey Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
Unlike a classic Philly Cheesesteak, this Turkey Philly Cheesesteak Recipe consists of turkey, sautéed peppers and onions, cheese and sourdough bread. It’s then grilled until the cheese is melted and it’s crisp on the outside. It’s reminiscent of my favorite grilled cheese that I love dearly, but much heartier. It’s manly man food.
- 8 slices turkey I used JennieO sun-dried Tomato Turkey
- 8 slices cheese provolone, Havarti, white cheddar
- 1 onion sliced about 1 cup
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 8 slices fresh sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat griddle to medium-low.
- Cook peppers and onions until tender crisp, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Assemble sandwich: Place 1 slice of cheese on bread, top with turkey, onions & peppers, salt and pepper, another layer of cheese and top slice of bread.
- Butter top slice of bread with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Place sandwich on griddle buttered side down. Grill until golden brown about 3 minutes. Watch closely. To help the inside get hot faster, you can place a large bowl or lid over sandwich on griddle. Be careful when removing bowl, it will be hot.
- Butter other side of bread and flip to cook second side.
- Serve hot.
You may also like my
Hey friends, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter. I email my new posts as well as weekly menus, my popular posts, menu suggestions for upcoming holidays etc. This is something you’ll only get via email.