Chicken Pot Pie Quesadilla is a tasty delight great for dinner or snack. A fun mix-up-mash-up of a traditional Mexican quesadilla and classic comfort food, chicken pot pie. This one will be a new favorite!
My oldest son is one of the pickiest eaters in the world. No lie. It’s so bad we had a contest with him where he got a $100 if he tried 50 new foods! He did it, begrudgingly on some of them, but nevertheless, he tried 50 new foods for $100.
He did continue to eat a few of the foods that he tried after the contest was over. Mostly, he kept eating proteins and carbs. I still struggle with getting him to get fruits and vegetables and have to ‘hide’ them so they’ll be eaten. Because 9 out of 10 people in the United States don’t get the proper amount of vegetables, according to The State Of The Plate report, I’m determined to keep presenting vegetables in fun and delicious ways to my boys.
CHICKEN POT PIE QUESADILLA
How do I plan to keep vegetable fun? I like to use vegetables that are easy and accessible. Sometimes that means fresh from the farm stand but more times than not, that means using Birds Eye frozen veggies. Besides, being convenient and delicious, I like what the company stands for.
- Birds Eye makes eating more vegetables a reality by showing families how to fill half the plate with veggies in fun and simple ways moms and kids will both like.
- As well, Birds Eye has more than 40 unique vegetable blends year round at affordable prices.
- Their program Step Up To The Plate is Birds Eye’s long-term commitment to reshaping kids’ veggie perceptions and getting children to like veggies for life.
My boys love quesadillas. I made a new twist on an old classic with my Chicken Pot Pie Quesadillas. They were a huge hit with them. Full of chicken, veggies, melty cheese and that comforting cream sauce, you’ll find yourself wanting to stuff your face with them. These quesadillas have quickly become a family favorite!
Another bonus, this dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. I must clarify, I did use a rotisserie chicken. This cut down a lot of the cook and prep time. You could bake, broil, grill or saute’ chicken if you prefer. Hey, this would be an awesome way to use leftover chicken too!
Chicken Pot Pie Quesadilla
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 and ½ cup cheese I used Monterrey jack and cheddar, use your favorite
- ¾ cup Birds Eye Fresh Frozen Vegetables I used green bean, corn, carrot, English pea blend
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon self-rising flour
- ¾ cup milk whole, 1%, 2% or skim will work
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- Heat a shallow pan to med-high, melt butter then add flour.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute.
- Add vegetables, chicken, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and heat through about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. The mixture should begin to thicken.
- Heat a saute pan to med-high, add oil.
- Add one flour tortilla to the pan. Top with approximately 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Top cheese with approximately 3 tablespoons chicken mixture. Top with more cheese, about 2 tablespoons.
- Place a flour tortilla on top.
- Grill 1 to 2 minutes per side or until tortilla is golden brown.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into wedges and serve warm.
Hungry for more? (click picture for recipe)