Chicken Taco Bites is a quick and easy recipe for any occasion. Because they’re two-bite size, they’re perfect for an appetizer, tailgating, and party food. But, they’re equally good for after-school snacks, lunch, or dinner.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Kids love small food. That’s who I had in mind when I first put this recipe together. However, these taco bites are ideal for so much more than the kids.
When I’m making an appetizer, I add extra seasoning. You really want one or two-bite food to shine. After these were such a hit, it taught me that I may have under-seasoned food before. Naturally, you have to monitor salt and heat.
CHICKEN TACO BITES
Layers of seasoned chicken, hot sauce, chicken, pico, sour cream, and guacamole fill Tostitos tortilla scoops.
You can make the holders with flour tortillas or wontons. As well, you can use phyllo cups.
Additionally, you can use ground chicken or turkey instead of chicken breasts or thighs. You may want to use ground beef for the protein. Furthermore, you can use rotisserie chicken just be sure you season it well.
Instead of pico, you can add fresh tomatoes, sliced green onions, and diced avocado. Of course, you can add lettuce, olives, or any other tacos toppings that you like.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TACO BITES
- The first step in making taco cups is to season then cook the meat.
- After the meat is done, it’s time to build the taco bites. Start by laying the tortilla scoops out on a tray.
- Next, add the chicken, cheese, pico, sour cream, guacamole and any more toppings that you like.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
If you want to serve them warm, heat them in the oven after you add the chicken and cheese. Then top with the pico, sour cream, and guac.
HOW TO MAKE FLOUR TORTILLA CUPS
Preheat oven to 400°F. Use a 12-cup standard-size muffin pan.
With a 5-inch round cutter, cut 3-4 rounds from flour tortilla shells. (You can use a bowl as a guide.)
Spray the muffin tin with non-stick spray. Press the tortilla into the cup.
Bake the tortillas for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and fill.
You’ll enjoy these recipes too!
- Green Chile Cheese Wonton Cups
- Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups
- Keto Low Carb Baked Crack Chicken Cups
- Cream Cheese Sausage Rotel Wonton Cups
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
- No Fuss Bacon Tomato and Cheese Cups
- Sausage & Cheese Cups
- Crack Chicken Biscuit Bites
- Walking Tacos
- Rotel Sausage Biscuit Bites
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated July 26, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Chicken Taco Bites
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 to 3 medium chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons fijita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 30 regular Tostitos tortilla scoops
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 medium avocado diced
- cilantro leaves for garish
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Place in a zip-top bag. Add taco and fajita seasoning close tightly and shake to coat all the chicken.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat on medium-high. Add chicken and cook on all sides until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spread tortilla chips to a platter. Layer chicken, pico de gallo, shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream (black olives, green onions, or any toppings can be added at this point).
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
You can also find great recipes at my Recipe Box or Weekend Potluck