Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups make a tasty, easy and healthy on-the-go breakfast. They are moist and not too sweet and contain no flour!
Sweetened only with the natural sugars in the bananas, these Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups are a healthy way to start your day.
I love breakfast; in fact, I have more dessert recipes and breakfast recipes than any other category on callmepmc.com Breakfast is really the only meal I crave every day. When I start the day off with something sweet, it seems I want something sweet all day. Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups fill me up and satisfies my craving for carbs, but they don’t make me want to eat desserts for the entire remainder of the day!
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups Tips
This recipe for Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups makes five muffin size cups. I use one very ripe banana. The ideal banana for this recipe and for Blueberry Banana Bread will be slightly soft with lots of brown on the banana peel. It’s typically a banana that you probably won’t eat by itself. It’s one you are tempted to throw away until you found this recipe! The riper a banana gets the sweeter they become, although the uglier they become too. Look over the ugly, it’s worth it in the breakfast recipe!
Also of note, I didn’t accidentally leave out flour in the recipe. There is no flour in these muffins!
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats uncooked
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray large muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mash banana until smooth.
- Stir until just combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Using a large spring-release scoop fill muffin tins with batter. I fill to the top, these muffins do not rise very much.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then decrease oven temperature to 375 and continue baking for 12 more minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly in muffin tin a few minutes. Removing them while hot will likely cause the muffins to break apart as they are very moist.
If you like Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups, you’re likely to like these recipes too!
See my Community Table Posts –
and pictured below the best cinnamon and sweet rolls!