3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe full of gooey, cheesy goodness with just 3 ingredients!
My family will tell you Mac and Cheese is my all-time favorite food. I know, I’m a kid at heart! I love the simplicity of this 3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe. Three ingredients and ready in less than 15 minutes. That’s a winner!!
3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe is as simple and satisfying as recipes can get. Comfort food that children and adults enjoy. This recipe is good for potlucks, weeknight dinners or kids after-school snacks.
Why slave over Mac and Cheese when it can be as simple as 1-2-3? My 3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese is made on the stove-top in one pan and with only three ingredients. Score!
3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe Tips
- I typically use whatever shape pasta I have on hand for Mac and Cheese. If you’re a traditionalist, by all means use elbow.
- As well, use your favorite cheese or whatever you have in your refrigerator. Although I do love the classic cheddar, I have also used gouda, monterrey and pepper jack as my cheese
- Be sure to stir the heavy cream as it comes up to a low boil. Unlike water, the cream will scorch is you don’t stir it.
- You can also use a processed cheese, like Velveeta, in this recipe
- 3 and 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese I used white cheddar
- Bring heavy cream to a low boil, stirring so it doesn't scorch.
- Add pasta and cook per package directions to al dente stage, usually 10 to 11 minutes.
- Carefully stir every couple of minutes while cooking.
- Do not drain liquid off when pasta is cooked.
- Add the grated cheese and stir.
- Add salt and pepper if desired*
- Allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Stir and serve.
*salt, pepper and water don't count as ingredients
Hey friends, be sure to sign up for my once-a-week newsletter, where I send news and menu options.
If you like my 3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe, you may also like