3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe full of gooey, cheesy goodness with just 3 ingredients!
My family will tell you Mac and Cheese is my all-time favorite food. I know, I’m a kid at heart! I love the simplicity of this 3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe. Three ingredients and ready in less than 15 minutes. That’s a winner!!
This recipe is as simple and satisfying as recipes can get. Comfort food that children and adults enjoy. This recipe is good for potlucks, weeknight dinners or kids after-school snacks.
Why slave over Mac and Cheese when it can be as simple as 1-2-3? My 3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese is made on the stove-top in one pan and with only three ingredients. Score!
3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe Tips
- I typically use whatever shape pasta I have on hand for Mac and Cheese. If you’re a traditionalist, by all means, use elbow macaroni.
- As well, use your favorite cheese or whatever you have in your refrigerator. Although I do love the classic cheddar, I have also used gouda, Monterrey and pepper jack in mac and cheese. They are all good. (I even used 8 kinds of cheese in a recipe. Get that recipe here: Eight Cheese Mac n Cheese.)
- Be sure to stir the heavy cream as it comes up to a low boil. Unlike water, the cream will scorch is you don’t stir it.
- You can also use processed cheese, like Velveeta, in this recipe
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Crawfish Mac and Cheese
- Muenster Mac and Cheese
3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe full of gooey, cheesy goodness with just 3 ingredients!Print Pin Rate
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipesServings: servings
- 3 and ½ cups heavy cream
- 3 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese I used white cheddar
- Bring heavy cream to a low boil, stirring so it doesn't scorch.
- Add pasta and cook per package directions to al dente stage, usually 10 to 11 minutes.
- Carefully stir every couple of minutes while cooking.
- Do not drain liquid off when pasta is cooked.
- Add the grated cheese and stir.
- Add salt and pepper if desired*
- Allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Stir and serve.
NutritionCalories: 557kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1814IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 276mg | Iron: 1mgTried this recipe?Please take a moment to comment letting me know how you liked it & consider giving it a 5 star rating. I love hearing from you!Do you have questions about saving recipes to your Recipe Box?Visit Recipe Box FAQ!