Decadent Crawfish Mac and Cheese – rich and flavorful crawfish adds a kick to this favorite recipe. Make a big batch of this bacon, cheesy, spicy pasta!
Crawfish Mac and Cheese
Use fresh or frozen crawfish. The brand below is what my local grocery carries.
Add cheese, when melted, add pasta.
and half the bacon, stir
Full of bacon, cheese anc zesty flavor, my Decadent Crawfish Mac and Cheese is a decadent treat!
- 8 oz pasta
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart water
- 2 cup cooked crawfish tails
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 2 Tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Add 1 teaspoon salt to 1 quart water in a medium size pot.
- Bring to a boil, add pasta and cook according to the package directions to the al dente stage. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon. Crumble Set aside.
- In the skillet that bacon was cooked, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoon flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add half and half and whisk to prevent clumps.
- Add Cajun seasoning and crawfish tails and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until crawfish are heated through.
- Add cheeses and stir until melted.
- Fold pasta and half of the bacon into cheese sauce, careful not to break pasta.
- I transfered to smaller serving dishes, but you could leave in one large skillet. Top with remaining bacon and bread crumbs. With oven on broil, place in oven and toast, watching carefully, until breadcrumbs are golden.
- Remove garnish with green onions slices. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.