Bursting with flavor and creamy in texture, this incredible Muenster Mac and Cheese will become your family favorite too!
Macaroni and Cheese is one of my all time favorite foods. Pizza runs a close second! I’m not kidding when I say if I could only eat one food the rest of my life it would be macaroni and cheese. And, I’m not talking about the kind in the blue box. I’m talking homemade white sauce with any blend of creamy cheese! Ahhhh – comfort food at it’s finest!!
My Muenster Mac and Cheese is creamy and mild. Try if for a change.
In other news…
The above picture was made in November 2013.
I purchased a new Canon Rebel T3 and have been working on my photography skills.
Looks a lot better than the original photo below, right?
It was taken just two months into blogging in May 2012!
Muenster Mac and Cheese
- Cover pasta in water, add 1 Tablespoon salt,, and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan. When butter is melted add 1 Tablespoon of flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and add cream cheese and muenster cheese.
- Stir until melted. Add ½ teaspoon salt, dry mustard, and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it then add it to the cheese sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle paprika and panko on the top and cook at 350°F until the panko is toasted.