Bursting with flavor and creamy in texture, this incredible Muenster Mac and Cheese will become your family favorite too!
Macaroni and Cheese is one of my all time favorite foods. Pizza runs a close second! I’m not kidding when I say if I could only eat one food the rest of my life it would be macaroni and cheese. And, I’m not talking about the kind in the blue box. I’m talking homemade white sauce with any blend of creamy cheese! Ahhhh – comfort food at it’s finest!!
My Muenster Mac and Cheese is creamy and mild. Try if for a change.
In other news…
The above picture was made in November 2013.
I purchased a new Canon Rebel T3 and have been working on my photography skills.
Looks a lot better than the original photo below, right?
It was taken just two months into blogging in May 2012!
Muenster Mac and Cheese
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon self-rising flour
- 8 oz muenster cheese shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- dash of pepper
- dash of paprika
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cover pasta in water, add 1 Tablespoon salt,, and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan. When butter is melted add 1 Tablespoon of flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and add cream cheese and muenster cheese.
- Stir until melted. Add ½ teaspoon salt, dry mustard, and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it then add it to the cheese sauce. Stir until well combined.
For more scrumptious recipes, fun projects and exciting news, follow me around the web!
Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin’
I know this was not a recent post, but I made this recipe tonight, and it was easy, creamy and so good!
I’m so happy you liked it. Mac & Cheese will probably be all favorite forever. Thanks for commenting.
Julie @ Back To My Southern Roots says
I never thought about using muenster cheese! Looks great!
Nat D. says
Oh. My. Goodness. I love mac and cheese. But I've never thought homemade was all that great. But why, on earth, have I never heard of using Muenster cheese before?! It's only the best cheese ever! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for linking this in today, Paula. I've never had muenster cheese. have a great week.
Paula, thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday. Isn't there a super collection of pasta and noodle dishes! Have a great week.