Vegetable Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish to bring to your next family gathering. It’s a healthy and delicious alternative to a traditional macaroni salad. This easy-to-make recipe is packed with flavor and nutrition and will be the star of any summer barbecue. Learn how to create a filling and flavorful veggie pasta salad full of colorful vegetables and herbs, and topped with a simple homemade dressing. With this delicious and healthy dish, you’ll have all your guests asking for seconds.
Vegetable Pasta Salad
Recently, I took a little mini-vacation from blogging……….er, ok, who am I kidding? I was just lazy and wanted to catch up on a few episodes of Parenthood that had stacked up on the DVR! I can’t help myself, I love this dysfunctional family. Do you watch Parenthood? They are the modern-day Walton’s.
I’ll have to admit, I love to watch TV. Before I started blogging, if I was home the TV would be on even if I wasn’t watching anything. I guess it was just the noise; it kept me company. Nowadays, I don’t even turn the TV on most days. I do record a couple of shows and watch them when it rains, and I run on the treadmill.
So, my mini vacation consisted of eating
the peanuts out of snack mix and Vegetable Pasta Salad, drinking diet Mountain Dew, and watching the three generations of the imperfect Braverman’s fails and triumphs!
It was good; a much-needed break. But let’s get back to work and this delicious vegetable pasta salad!
I love this salad because
It’s quick and easy to make
It’s tasty, and
I can make it beforehand and refrigerate it.
You will love this salad for all the same reasons!
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Easy Lagasna
- No Fuss Bacon Tomato and Cheese Cups
- Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad Recipe
- Zesty Greek Pasta Salad
Pasta Vegetable Salad
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 6 ounce tricolor pasta uncooked (It doesn’t HAVE to be tricolor, use what you have!)
- 2 cups carrots cut into strips
- 1 3.8 oz can sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cup zucchini cut into slices
- 2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 0.6 oz envelope Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Combine pasta, olives, onions, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Prepare dressing mix according to package directions. Stir in oregano. Pour over pasta mixture, stir. Cover and chill 4 to 6 hours before serving.