This Easy Lasagna recipe is pure comfort food with a flavorful homemade meat sauce, ricotta (or cottage) cheese, parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, and pasta!
It’s the best lasagna I’ve ever eaten.
Easy Lasagna Recipe
Hey, while you’re here why not check out my other recipes?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 6-ounce tomato paste
- 2 15-ounce diced tomatoes I use low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1 8-ounce package lasagna noodles boiled and drained
- 3/4- pound mozzarella shredded
- 2 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add seasonings, water, tomato paste and diced tomatoes to meat.
- Simmer 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spray a large casserole dish (12x9) with non-cook spray.
- Add 1 spoonful or 1/2 cup tomato mixture in bottom of dish.
- Layer: noodles, 1/3 meat, 1/3 mozzarella, next layer: noodles, all ricotta cheese, next layer: noodles, 1/3 meat, 1/3 mozzarella, next layer: noodles, remaining meat and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over last layer of mozzarella.
- Bake 350 degrees 30 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before cutting.