Jello Apples is a crazy easy snack recipe that’s healthy, delicious, and fun!
Are you familiar with Fun Dip candy? It’s popular with kids. It’s a candy where they lick a hard candy stick then dip it in flavored sugar crystals. My boys loved it when they were little.
Jello apples is a healthier version of that kid treat. And, literally no prep and lots of fun.
When I refer to Jello, I actually mean any brand of gelatin. (See example here.)
You can use any type of apple and any Jello gelatin flavor. Personally, I like the Berry (blue) Jello gelatin paired with Granny Smith apples. The apples are tart and contrast nicely with the sweet berry flavor gelatin. Mix and match apples and Jello flavors to find your favorite.
- If you’re serving these at a party, one package of gelatin will cover 3 to 4 apples depending on how heavy to put it on them.
- As well, lf you are only preparing one apple, you can skip the lemon juice. It is only to keep the apple from turning brown.
- For one apple, pour 2 tablespoons of gelatin in a small bowl for dipping. The remaining gelatin will keep in a ziptop bag until your next snack time.
- This snack it not just for children, give it a try yourself. It makes eating healthy much more fun for adults too!
- 1 apple sliced
- 1 3-ounce package gelatin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Slice apples and pour lemon juice over slices coating completely.
Dip the apple slices into the gelatin, as much or little as you want.