Spinach Artichoke Feta Lasagna. This delicious pasta is loaded with feta, sauce, and plenty of delicious vegetables. My lasagna recipe is lightened up without losing any flavor.
SPINACH ARTICHOKE FETA LASAGNA
There are so many yummy flavors going on in this pasta recipe. Even though it’s not traditional lasagna, it has just as much flavor. Plus, it has a healthy dose of veggies which means more nutrients.
I used traditional pasta but you can use gluten-free if you prefer. As well, I used store-bought marinara. Feel free to make it homemade.
A couple more tips, I recommend shredding the cheese yourself, not the pre-shredded. Fresh garlic is always more flavorful than jarred or powdered.
INGREDIENTS FOR SPINACH ARTICHOKE FETA LASAGNA
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it as well as help the planet.
- Lasagna noodles (gluten-free if desired)
- Whole milk ricotta cheese
- Dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Feta cheese
- Heavy cream
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Baby spinach leaves
- Artichoke hearts, drained
- salt, pepper, and parsley
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Be sure to boil the noodles in plenty of water. They like to stick together and this helps.
- Also, as soon as you drain the noodles, toss them in oil. This helps prevent them from sticking together. Using rubber-tipped tongs helps to manipulate the noodles while they’re hot without getting burned.
- You can actually make this dish 48 hours beforehand. Store it covered with foil in the refrigerator. Cook as directed adding 10 to 15 minutes to the cooking time when cold.
- This lasagna also freezes well. I do recommend covering it with foil and then inserting it into a large zip-top freezer bag. Store it for no longer than 3 months. When cooking from frozen, remove the lasagna from the zip-top bag and cook 30 minutes longer than directed below in the recipe card.
- Allow the lasagna to sit for 10 minutes to cool and for the liquid from the vegetables to be re-absorbed by the noodles. Plus, it’s easier to cut if you’ll let it sit and firm up.
- Finally, I like to freeze leftovers in individual portions. They reheat beautifully in the microwave.
Are you looking for more delicious recipes? These are some of my favorites.
- Dutch Oven Birria
- Chile Cheese Spread Five Ways
- Almond Latte
- Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies
- Skinny Blackberry Muffins
- Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
- Copycat Snickers Bars
- Buttermilk Pie Bread Pudding
- Coconut Mojito
- Black Bean Tomato Quinoa Salad
SPINACH ARTICHOKE FETA LASAGNA
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese whole milk is creamier
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 25 ounces prepared marinara sauce I like this brand. *See notes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, shred it yourself
- 4 cups spinach a 10oz bag of salad spinach will work
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts drained
- salt, fresh cracked pepper, fresh chopped parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions to al dente. Toss them in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, egg, 1 teaspoon of oregano, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and 1 teaspoon of oregano. Stir continually and cook for 1 minute. Add feta and heavy cream to the pan. Cook and stir frequently for 3-5 minutes or until the feta melts. Remove from heat and stir in ½ a cup of Parmesan until it melts.
- You'll have 4 layers of noodles and ingredients. To start, spread about ½ a cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Layer 4 noodles on top of the sauce. They'll probably overlap to fit and that's okay. Divide the ricotta mixture, spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, and marinara into fourths for each layer.
- Repeat layers. For the top layer add ½ a cup of shredded Parmesan and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Broil for 1-2 minutes. Let baked lasagna rest for 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!