Lemon Pretzel Lush is the ultimate dessert for those seeking a delightful combination of sweet and tangy flavors with a satisfying crunch. This no-bake dessert is not only easy to prepare but also perfect for those times when you want to impress without spending hours in the kitchen.
We like to have this for dessert with a healthy Honey Soy Chicken sheet pan meal. If you enjoy this no cook dessert, try my No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie, No Bake Homemade Twix, and Raspberry Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake.
With its layers of zesty lemon filling, creamy no bake cheesecake-like filling, and a pretzel crust that adds the ideal touch of saltiness, it’s a treat that’s sure to please any crowd. Plus, you can prepare it ahead of time, making it an ideal choice for gatherings or potlucks.
Discover the joy of Lemon Pretzel Lush and let its refreshing taste transport you to a world of dessert bliss.
Lemon Pretzel Lush
Lemon Pretzel Lush is a dessert that combines contrasting textures and flavors to create a truly memorable treat. Here’s what you can expect from this delightful dessert:
- Pretzel Crust: The base of this dessert is a unique pretzel and graham cracker crust that provides a crunchy, slightly salty contrast to the sweet layers above. It’s a surprising twist that elevates the entire dish. I like the combination of using both crushed pretzels and graham crackers. It gives a nice flavor and I find it sticks together better than pretzels alone. However, you can use all pretzels or all graham crackers if you prefer.
- Cream cheese filling: A layer of silky cream cheese and whipped topping adds a luscious and airy texture to balance out the tartness of the lemon topping. It’s the perfect complement to the other elements.
- Lemon Pie Filling: A smooth and tangy lemon pie filling is the star of the show, bringing a burst of citrusy freshness to every bite. It’s both refreshing and vibrant.
- Make-Ahead: One of the best things about this dessert is that you can prepare it in advance. This makes it an excellent option for entertaining, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your gathering.
- No-Bake: Lemon Pretzel Lush is a no-bake dessert, which means you won’t have to heat up the oven. It’s a hassle-free recipe that lets you enjoy a homemade dessert without the extra work.
Lemon Pretzel Lush Ingredients
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- pretzels, twists or sticks either is fine
- graham crackers crushed or you can buy graham cracker crumbs
- brown sugar. If your brown sugar is hard, read How to Soften Brown Sugar
- vanilla extract
- butter, salted or unsalted
- cream cheese, for this recipe you can use fat free, low fat, or regular
- powdered sugar
- Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream
- lemon pie filling or lemon curd
How to make Homemade Whipped Cream
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a different fruit flavor instead of lemon?
A: While lemon is a classic choice, you can certainly experiment with other fruit flavors like blueberry pie filling or strawberry pie filling for a unique twist on this dessert.
Q: How far in advance can I prepare Lemon Pretzel Lush?
A: You can make this dessert up to 24 hours in advance. However, for the freshest taste and texture, it’s best to consume it within 2-3 days of preparation. After a couple of days the crust starts to get soggy.
Q: Can I use gluten-free pretzels to make the crust for a gluten-free version?
A: Yes, you can substitute gluten-free pretzels to make a gluten-free version of this dessert without compromising on taste.
Lemon Pretzel Lush is a dessert that brings together the best of both worlds—sweet and tangy, crunchy and creamy. Its easy no-bake preparation and make-ahead convenience make it a top choice for any occasion.
Whether you’re hosting a special event or simply craving a delightful treat, this dessert is a winner. So, gather your ingredients and dive into the world of Lemon Pretzel Lush for a dessert experience that’s truly unforgettable. Enjoy!
Lemon Pretzel Lush
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and ½ cup pretzels crushed then measured
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed then measured
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 22 ounces lemon pie filling or lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix together the crushed pretzel, graham crackers, brown sugar, vanilla, and butter. Pour crumb mixture into the prepared baking dish and press flat with the bottom of a flat glass.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 375℉. Cool completely.
Make 2nd layer
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Carefully fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the completely cooled pretzel crust.
- Spread the lemon filling over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.