No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie is the best combination of a sweet and salty dessert.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie is creamy, reguires no baking and is ready in minutes! This dessert, or any no bake dessert, would work well in little jars for a cute party presentation.
This dessert is a study in opposites. Sweet, salty, creamy and crunchy.
There is something about pairing sweet and salty that confuses and pleases the brain all at the same time. Sweet and salty flavor hit your tastebuds and send your brain in flavor over-load. At least that’s how I like to look at it.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie Tips
Instead of the traditional graham crackers crust that you find in most no bake pies, I opted for a pretzel crust. It holds the crunch longer than a graham cracker crust. Then there’s the added bonus of salt that really takes this pie to the next level.
I also made homemade whipped cream instead of store-bought cool whip. The difference in homemade and store-bought is like night and day. Although, I have a lot of recipes that use cool whip, in this recipe if you have time make it homemade. It really only takes about 5 minutes to turn heavy cream to whipped cream.
The contrast of sweet and salty, mixed with creamy filling and crunchy crust create a wonderful mix contrast, textures and complimentary flavors in each bite. Pair that with the simplicity in which this pie is made and it will become your favorite ‘go to’ pie recipe!
- 2 cups pretzels crushed
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup melted margarine or butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter I used Peanut Butter & Co Smooth Operator
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Garnish: pretzels peanuts, whipped cream
- Crush pretzels and mix in sugar. Add butter and stir until combined.
- Firmly press into a 9 inch pie pan. Use the bottom a glass to smooth and compact crust.
- Refrigerate crust until set.Whipped Cream
- Refrigerate bowl and whisk (or whisk attachment of your mixer) ten minutes. Add heavy whipping cream and sugar to bowl. Whisk or beat until stiff peaks form Refrigerate.Pie
- Whip cream cheese in mixer until smooth. Beat in peanut butter and confectioners sugar, slowly add milk. Blend until smooth.
- Carefully fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared crust. Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
4 cups UN-CRUSHED pretzels equal approximately 2 cups crushed pretzels.Whole, 2%, or 1% milk can be used in this recipe.©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
If you like this pie, you may also like