No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie is the best combination of a sweet and salty dessert.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie is creamy, requires no baking and is ready in minutes! This dessert, or any no-bake dessert, would work well in little jars for a cute party presentation.
This dessert is a study in opposites. Sweet, salty, creamy and crunchy.
There is something about pairing sweet and salty that confuses and pleases the brain all at the same time. Sweet and salty flavor hit your tastebuds and send your brain in flavor over-load. At least that’s how I like to look at it.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie Tips
Instead of the traditional graham crackers crust that you find in most no-bake pies, I opted for a pretzel crust. It holds the crunch longer than a graham cracker crust. Then there’s the added bonus of salt that really takes this pie to the next level.
I also made homemade whipped cream instead of a store-bought cool whip. The difference between homemade and store-bought is like night and day. Although, I have a lot of recipes that use cool whip, in this recipe if you have time make it homemade. It really only takes about 5 minutes to turn heavy cream to whipped cream.
The contrast of sweet and salty, mixed with a creamy filling and crunchy crust create a wonderful mix contrast, textures and complementary flavors in each bite. Pair that with the simplicity in which this pie is made and it will become your favorite ‘go-to’ pie recipe!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
- 2 cups pretzels crushed
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter I used Peanut Butter & Co Smooth Operator
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 and ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Garnish: pretzels peanuts, whipped cream
- Firmly press into a 9 inch pie pan. Use the bottom a glass to smooth and compact crust.
- Refrigerate crust until set.Whipped Cream
For the Pie
- Whip cream cheese in mixer until smooth. Beat in peanut butter and confectioners sugar, slowly add milk. Blend until smooth.
- Carefully fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared crust. Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 4 cups UN-CRUSHED pretzels equal approximately 2 cups crushed pretzels.
- Whole, 2%, or 1% milk can be used in this recipe.
If you like this pie, you may also like