Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta is quick, easy and satisfying. This hearty pasta takes less than 30 minutes to make!
I’ve been on a pasta binge lately partially because it’s versatile and economical. Mostly, though, it’s because it’s quick. Most of the pasta recipes I share on callmepmc.com are ready in less than 30 minutes. Because really who has much more time that to spend on dinner?
This pasta has a creamy tomato sauce that I’m particularly fond of. It’s creamy and tangy all at the same time. Add in spicy Italian sausage and this Italian Sausage Recipe is a very popular recipe. It’s easy enough for weeknight dinners but impressive enough for supper club or entertaining!
Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta Tips
I used a mild Italian sausage in this recipe, get hot if you prefer but I don’t recommend the sweet Italian sausage.
You can also use gluten-free pasta or whole wheat pasta or any shape pasta.
If you’re not a wine drinker or don’t want to open a bottle just for half a cup that goes in this recipe, you can substitute chicken broth.
Grate parmesan cheese yourself. I don’t ever recommend the pre-shredded parmesan cheese. Freshly grated parmesan is so much more flavorful and worth the extra effort.
Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta
- Boil pasta to al dente stage. Drain.
- In a large sauce pan or skillet, brown sausage, onion and garlic about 7 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a tray with a slotted spoon.
- Add wine to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Reduce heat and add tomatoes with juice and simmer 3minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir in parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sausage, pasta and 1/2 Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Top with remaining cheese. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
If you like Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta, you may also like