Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta is quick, easy and satisfying. This hearty pasta takes less than 30 minutes to make!
I’ve been on a pasta binge lately partially because it’s versatile and economical. Mostly, though, it’s because it’s quick. Most of the pasta recipes I share on callmepmc.com are ready in less than 30 minutes. Because really who has much more time that to spend on dinner?
This pasta has a creamy tomato sauce that I’m particularly fond of. It’s creamy and tangy all at the same time. Add in spicy Italian sausage and this Italian Sausage Recipe is a very popular recipe. It’s easy enough for weeknight dinners but impressive enough for supper club or entertaining!
Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta Tips
I used a mild Italian sausage in this recipe, get hot if you prefer but I don’t recommend the sweet Italian sausage.
You can also use gluten-free pasta or whole wheat pasta or any shape pasta.
If you’re not a wine drinker or don’t want to open a bottle just for half a cup that goes in this recipe, you can substitute chicken broth.
Grate parmesan cheese yourself. I don’t ever recommend the pre-shredded parmesan cheese. Freshly grated parmesan is so much more flavorful and worth the extra effort.
Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Boil pasta to al dente stage. Drain.
- In a large sauce pan or skillet, brown sausage, onion and garlic about 7 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a tray with a slotted spoon.
- Add wine to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Reduce heat and add tomatoes with juice and simmer 3minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir in parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sausage, pasta and 1/2 Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Top with remaining cheese. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
If you like Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta, you may also like