Spicy, mouth-watering nachos are always a hit, Spicy Italian Nachos are a different version of your favorite treat. Perfect for game day, kids snack, and general entertaining.
Why Spicy Italian Nachos are the best… They’re spicy, easy, kid-friendly, and satisfying!
SPICY ITALIAN NACHOS
- Chips. I used tortilla chips. You can fry wonton wrappers but you can also use pitas cut into wedges or pita chips.
- Protein. I used Italian sausage and pepperoni. You can use any pizza toppings you like. Canadain bacon, chicken, and ground beef would be good choices.
- Toppers. I chopped green and red onion, tomatoes, black olives, and pepperoncini peppers.
- Cheese. Of course, I had to sprinkle on a good helping of mozzarella cheese. You can add your favorite melty cheese.
- Extras. You can also add a big dollop of alfredo sauce.
EASY MEAL PREP
You can prep the ingredients the day or morning before you want to serve them.
- I used tortilla chips. You can also fry wonton wrappers. If you choose to use wontons, you can cook them, when they’re cool, place them in an airtight container on the countertop.
- Next, cook the sausage, drain, and seal in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Cut all veggie toppings and store them in separate baggies in the refrigerator.
To assemble, place your chips in the bottom of a sheet pan or shallow oven-safe pan. Layer the ingredients evenly on top of the chips. Cheese should be your last layer. Pop them in the oven and heat until the cheese melts.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Fish Nachos
- Chicken and Shrimp Nachos
- Sausage Crawfish Poutine Cheese Fries
- Cajun Etouffee Nachos
- Italian Nachos
- Loaded Nachos
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version on Nov 24, 2012.
Spicy Italian Nachos
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage use mild is you prefer
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- 4 cup tortilla chips
- 2/3 cup chunky spaghetti sauce
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 Tablespoon sliced black olives or more if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fried parsley or 1 T fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust to suit your taste
- 1 green onion sliced thin
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high, breaking up as it cooks. Cook until sausage is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and allow the sausage to drain on paper towels.
- Turn the skillet to medium and heat pepperoni slices. You can cook until they're just warmed through or until they're crisp, whichever you prefer.
- Layer chips on a cookie sheet and heat in a 375°F oven until hot. Remove chips from oven and set aside.
- On an oven-safe serving platter layer ½ of each of the following in this order: chips, sausage, pepperoni, spaghetti sauce, cheese, Italian seasoning, parsley, pepper, olives, and green onions.
- Repeat layer. Heat in oven until cheese melts. Serve immediately.