Chicken and Shrimp Fajita Nachos are delicious when layered with all the good stuff chicken, shrimp, peppers, onions, and cheese. Nachos are perfect for leftovers and feeding a crowd!
On a sheet pan, I topped crispy tortilla chips with fajita seasoned chicken, shrimp, peppers, onions, cheese., and Sriracha. After heating it through, I garnished it with green onion slices and served it with sour cream, avocado, and tomato. Yum!
Nachos are my go-to on a busy weeknight when I don’t really have time to cook, but I want something good. If I plan ahead, I’ll cook extra protein earlier in the week to layer on chips. If I don’t, chicken and shrimp take just a few minutes to saute so no worries either way.
Nachos are also good if you don’t have a lot of anything because when it’s all put together there’s enough for a meal. (Which also makes them inexpensive to make too!) Then, instead of a scrawny meal, my family thinks I’m a genius with a beautiful large nacho presentation at the table for them.
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP FAJITA NACHOS
As well, you can personalize this recipe with your favorite. I do not like green bell peppers, but if you do by all means add them! You can literally add whatever you want. Here are some of our favorite nacho toppings:
- sour cream
- green onion
- black beans
- thinly sliced radishes
- cheese – Whatever type you have.
- cauliflower – I know it’s odd but good.
- lime juice
- ground beef
- pork tenderloin or loin
You can use my simple Fajita Seasoning recipe to control the salt. I find seasoning mixes are usually too salty for my liking.
HOW LONG TO BAKE THE NACHOS
The nachos will be ready once the cheese is melted. Typically, it takes mine about 10 minutes. However, cook time depends on how many toppings you have. Watch the chips carefully to avoid over-cooking them. Tortilla chips can burn fairly easily. They’re ready as soon as they start to brown.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Fish Nachos
- Sausage Crawfish Poutine Cheese Fries
- Cajun Etouffee Nachos
- Italian Nachos
- Loaded Nachos
- Greek Seafood Nachos
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Chicken and Shrimp Fajita Nachos
- 4 or 5 chicken tenders or 2 chicken breasts
- ½ pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning Here's my homemade recipe.
- 10 ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup peppers I used yellow and red, sliced
- 1 cup onions I used red and a sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup American processed cheese like Velveeta brand or shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce optional, more or less to your taste
- Season chicken, shrimp, and sliced vegetables with fajita seasoning. Saute' chicken a couple of minutes on med hi-or until done and remove to a platter.
- Saute' vegetables 3 to 4 minutes or to desired doneness, remove to a platter.
- Saute' shrimp 60 to 90 seconds until cooked through, remove to a platter.
- Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Top with chicken, vegetables, shrimp then cheeses.
- Add Sriracha sauce and garnish with green onion slices. Serve immediately.