Easy to make Ground Beef Mongolian Noodles is sweet, spicy, and perfect for busy weeknights! You can make this in 30 minutes or less and it tastes even better than the restaurant version.
There is no food group that I love more than pasta! Recently, I’ve been enjoying Asian flavors and wanted to create an easy beef noodle recipe. This recipe can be made so quickly, it has become a staple on our weeknight table.
I modeled my recipe after PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef with a sweet soy glaze, garlic, and green onions. However, instead of flank steak, I used lean ground beef. This is the perfect dish to satisfy all your quick fix Asian/Chinese food cravings and it’ll make your house smell amazing while cooking!
If you notice, there’s no salt in the beef and sauce mixture. Hoisin sauce tends to be salty and I haven’t found a low-sodium version of it yet. That’s also the reason I recommend using low-sodium soy sauce for this recipe.
GROUND BEEF MONGOLIAN NOODLES
- For the ground beef – I used 90% lean ground beef, you can also use ground turkey, pork, or chicken.
- For the minced garlic – I recommend fresh garlic or jarred minced garlic in water instead of dried granulated garlic or dried garlic powder. Fresh has much more flavor than dried.
- For the ginger– If there’s one ingredient that you simply must use fresh it’s ginger. Dried ginger tastes nothing like fresh ginger. Ginger is a root and it adds so much flavor to recipes. A little ginger goes a long way! It’s in the produce section of your grocery store. It’s inexpensive and you’ll just need a very small knob. As well, it’ll last 3 to 4 weeks on the countertop.
- For the soy sauce – I highly recommend you use low-sodium soy sauce.
- For the hoisin sauce – Hoisin is an Asian barbecue sauce and can be found on the International food section at your grocery store. There’s really no substitute for hoisin.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE READER FAVORITE RECIPES
- 9 Amazing Quiche Recipes
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Crock Pot Rotel Crack Chicken
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
If you’re new to my site, some of my most popular recipes are my pound cakes. Actually, I have over 60 pound cake recipes that I have tested, developed, and reviewed for you. I have highlighted some below (click on the photo) or you can get them all here: Pound Cakes Reviewed.
Have you tried this recipe? Consider leaving a comment and a 5-star review, please.😍
Ground Beef Mongolian Noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 teaspoons ginger minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce if you can find low-sodium, I recommend it.
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 10 ounces noodles linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 medium green onions sliced
- In a large skillet with high sides brown the ground beef on the stovetop. Add the ginger and garlic the last 2 minutes of browning the ground beef. Break up the meat as it cooks.
- While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. (I recommend you do not salt the water.) Drain.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add it to the ground beef mixture. Stir and bring the mixture to a low boil. After the sauce has thickened slightly add the drained noodles to the beef mixture. Stir to combine.
- Allow the noodles to sit in the sauce a few minutes to absorb flavor. Serve hot with a garnish of sliced green onions.