Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is an easy ‘dump and go’ slow cooker recipe that is so good you’ll be addicted to it! Ten minutes of prep with ingredients you probably already have and it has endless meal possibilities.
Hey, hey, it’s also a keto friendly recipe!
Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
First things first…What is ‘CRACK CHICKEN’?
Crack Chicken is the name of the combination of chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, and bacon. These ingredients combined are so good ‘It’s addictive, you can’t stop eating it!’ (For those of you that want to slam me for naming it ‘crack’, when I titled this recipe, I didn’t even think about the drug. I only thought about the combination of ingredients that is known far and wide as ‘Crack Chicken’. I did not intentionally mean to offend anyone!)
There are variations of the recipe but the basic ingredients are the four noted above. Some people add cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onions, mayonnaise, etc.
I for one think chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and bacon has a really good flavor. However, to kick it up and make it even tastier I like to add a cheddar/Colby mix and mayonnaise. Now we’re talking!
Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
There are a few reasons why Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is so good
- Primarily, this is a ‘dump and go’ slow cooker recipe. I say primarily because you do not want to cook the bacon in slow cooker. Hence, you will either need to cook the bacon, crumble it, then add it to the Crock Pot at the end of the cooking process. Or, you can use store-bought bacon bites. While real bacon, cooked and crumbles is much better and cost a lot less per ounce, store-bought bacon bits saves a lot of time.
- It’s Keto friendly.
- Get my favorite slow cooker here.
- As well, Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is perfect by itself, it’s also great on a sandwich, in a tortilla, over nachos, as a dip, in quiche, on pizza, over pasta, rice, or potatoes, or on a lettuce wrap for another low carb option!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CRACK CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER?
- Use skinless, boneless chicken breasts so you don’t have a lot of extra fat in the recipe.
- I use two packets of seasoning. Otherwise, to me, it was a bit bland.
- Add the mayonnaise and Colby cheddar cheese at the end and stir until melted.
Can I cook this recipe on the stove?
Simply brown the chicken in a skillet. Next, add the remaining ingredients and cook them all in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. When the chicken is cooked through, shred it then follow the instructions in the original recipe.
This chicken recipe freezes well. Freeze it in an airtight container and let it thaw fully before reheating, you can definitely make this cooked chicken days ahead of time and store it in your freezer.
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 1-ounce packages Ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound bacon cook and crumbled
- 2 cups Colby cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 to 3 tablespoons green onions sliced (optional ingredient)
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos diced (optional ingredient)
Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Sprinkle ranch dressing and cream cheese over chicken.
Cook on high 3 hours or low 5 to 6 hours.
With 2 forks, shred chicken and stir. Stir in mayonnaise. Sprinkle cheese, bacon, green onions, and jalapenos over chicken. Serve on buns, lettuce leaves, or soft or crunchy tortilla shells
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Thank you, Paula