Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is an easy ‘dump and go’ slow cooker recipe that is so good you’ll be addicted to it! Ten minutes of prep with ingredients you probably already have and it has endless meal possibilities.
Hey, hey, it’s also a keto friendly recipe!
Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
First things first…What is ‘CRACK CHICKEN’?
Crack Chicken is the name of the combination of chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, and bacon. These ingredients combined are so good ‘It’s addictive, you can’t stop eating it!’ (For those of you that want to slam me for naming it ‘crack’, when I titled this recipe, I didn’t even think about the drug. I only thought about the combination of ingredients that is known far and wide as ‘Crack Chicken’. I did not intentionally mean to offend anyone!)
There are variations of the recipe but the basic ingredients are the four noted above. Some people add cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onions, mayonnaise, etc.
I for one think chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and bacon has a really good flavor. However, to kick it up and make it even tastier I like to add a cheddar/Colby mix and mayonnaise. Now we’re talking!
Why is this so dang good?
There are a few reasons why Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is so good
- Primarily, this is a ‘dump and go’ slow cooker recipe. I say primarily because you do not want to cook the bacon in a slow cooker. Hence, you will either need to cook the bacon, crumble it, then add it to the Crock-Pot at the end of the cooking process. Or, you can use store-bought bacon bites. While real bacon, cooked and crumbled is much better and cost a lot less per ounce, store-bought bacon bits save a lot of time.
- It’s Keto friendly.
- Get my favorite slow cooker here.
- As well, Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is perfect by itself, it’s also great on a sandwich, in a tortilla, over nachos, as a dip, in quiche, on pizza, over pasta, rice, or potatoes, or on a lettuce wrap for another low carb option!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CRACK CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER?
- Use skinless, boneless chicken breasts so you don’t have a lot of extra fat in the recipe.
- I use two packets of seasoning. Otherwise, to me, it was a bit bland.
- Add the mayonnaise and Colby cheddar cheese at the end and stir until melted.
Can I cook this recipe on the stove?
Simply brown the chicken in a skillet. Next, add the remaining ingredients and cook them all in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. When the chicken is cooked through, shred it then follow the instructions in the original recipe.
Can I freeze this?
This chicken recipe freezes well. Freeze it in an airtight container and let it thaw fully before reheating, you can definitely make this cooked chicken days ahead of time and store it in your freezer.
Stock up on boneless, skinless chicken breasts when they are on sale. There are plentiful chicken recipes on my site for boneless, skinless chicken.
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
- Stove Top Cajun Butter Chicken Bites
- Copycat Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken Bites
While you’re here, check out these delicious slow cooker recipes!
UPDATE 11-12-19: I read your comments and a lot of you thought the recipe as written is too salty. Therefore, I created a Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix Recipe so that you can control the salt in this recipe. You can substitute this homemade ranch seasoning for the packs listed below in the recipe. (3 tablespoons of this mix = 1 packet of store-bought seasoning mix) CLICK HERE FOR HOMEMADE RANCH SEASONING RECIPE
Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 1-ounce packages Ranch dressing mix *SEE HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING RECIPE ABOVE IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR SEASONING AND CONTROL THE SALT.
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound bacon cook and crumbled
- 2 cups Colby cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 to 3 tablespoons green onions sliced (optional ingredient)
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos diced (optional ingredient)
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Sprinkle ranch dressing and cream cheese over chicken.
- Cook on high 3 hours or low 5 to 6 hours.
- With 2 forks, shred chicken and stir. Stir in mayonnaise. Sprinkle cheese, bacon, green onions, and jalapenos over chicken. Serve on buns, lettuce leaves, or soft or crunchy tortilla shells