Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken isn’t complicated or time-consuming. In fact, a delicious and full-flavored dinner can be ready in just a few short hours with minimal effort.
This Chinese-inspired dish is packed with flavor and only takes a few minutes of prep time. Perfect for busy nights, Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken can be prepared in the morning and will be ready by the time you come home from work.
Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken
Does the idea of having dinner ready when you walk in the door after a long day sound too good to be true? With the help of a slow cooker, it can be true! This recipe will help you create a delicious slow cooker hoisin chicken dish that’s packed with flavor. You won’t believe how easy it is!
With only seven ingredients, you’ll be able to prepare a meal in just a few minutes and have dinner waiting for you when you get home. To make this even more appealing, slow cooker meals are generally much healthier than traditional takeout. You’ll also get to enjoy the amazing smell from your kitchen all day long.
Get ready to experience the perfect blend of sweet, salty, and savory with this easy slow cooker hoisin chicken recipe. In just a few minutes, you’ll be able to provide yourself and your family with an amazing home-cooked meal.
Teriyaki chicken is another easy Asian slow cooker recipe.
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Chicken breasts or thighs
- Ginger, minced
- Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dried, minced onion
- Black pepper
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Asian sweet chili sauce
Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken FAQ
Yes, you can put raw meat in a slow cooker.
The FDA does not recommend putting frozen chicken in the slow cooker because of the length of time it takes to cook.
No, there’s no need to brown any type of meat before placing it in a slow cooker.
Yes, you can. Overcooked meat with be dry.
Tools to use with this recipe
Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 2 pounds chicken boneless, skinless breasts or thighs
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt minced dried onion
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup hoisin
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Lightly spray a 6 qt + slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or line it with a plastic slow cooker liner.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients except the chicken and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours OR until the chicken is fall-apart tender and easily shreds with a fork. Remove the chicken to a cutting board until it is cool enough to shred.
- Shred the chicken. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water. Pour this mixture into the slow cooker and whisk to combine. Now, add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker.
- Serve warm. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. This recipe is good served plain, over rice, pasta, or quinoa.