Crockpot Green Chile Chicken is an easy dinner recipe. This low-carb chicken recipe combines chicken, cream cheese, green chiles, and spices for amazing flavor.
Trust me you want to keep this recipe so Pin it, Save to your recipe box (blue heart at the top right), or bookmark it. After my Crockpot Crack Chicken was so popular with readers, I began experimenting with other slow cooker recipes. Be sure to check them out as well! Click on the photo for the recipe!
Green chiles give this chicken flavor without adding heat. This creamy chicken is good served alone for a low-carb meal. As well, serve it as a base for
- in a wrap
- over Mexican rice
- on a salad
- in a quesadilla
Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Tips
This is really a simple recipe that as easy and putting everything in the slow cooker.
- I used about 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can use bone-in since the bone does yield a lot of flavor. Then, remove the bone before you shred the chicken. Additionally, you can use chicken thighs, if you prefer.
- For the green chiles, I used (2) 4.5-ounce cans of a name brand. I’ve found any name brand is better than generic in this case.
- I recommend full-fat cream cheese. It melts so much better than reduced-fat or fat-free. If you must use a lower fat cream cheese go for the reduced fat. However, I don’t recommend fat-free cream cheese for this recipe.
- Finally, use the block cream cheese, not the whipped cream cheese.
Can I freeze this?
As well, this chicken recipe freezes well. Freeze it in an airtight container and let it thaw fully before reheating, you can definitely make this cooked chicken days ahead of time and store it in your freezer.
Can I cook this in the oven?
Yes. First, add the chicken and remaining ingredients to a casserole dish. Next, cover and cook it in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Finally, shred it with two forks and stir until creamy.
While you’re here, check out these slow cooker recipes!
- FAVORITE! CROCK POT CRACK CHICKEN RECIPE
- MUST MAKE! CROCK POT CRACK HASH BROWN POTATOES
- CROCK POT CRACK HASH BROWN POTATOES
- HEALTHY SLOW COOKER TEX MEX CHICKEN SOUP
- Hash Brown Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- You can also find great recipes at my recipe index
Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and add the cream cheese to the slow cooker. Replace the top to allow the cream cheese to soften and melt. While it melts shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Whisk the cream cheese mixture until it smooth. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir.
- Serve immediately or reduce heat to warm and serve later.