Crockpot Cheesy Salsa Chicken. One-pot meals are a lifesaver for busy individuals who still want to enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal. If you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine, then this crockpot salsa chicken recipe is perfect for you! This dish is packed with mouthwatering flavors and is made with tender chicken breast, tangy salsa, and flavorful taco seasoning. And to top it all off, a generous amount of melted cheese adds a creamy and cheesy finish. Get ready to impress your taste buds with this easy and delicious slow cooker salsa chicken recipe!
Crockpot Cheesy Salsa Chicken
Are you tired of the same old boring chicken dishes? Look no further! This recipe combines tender and juicy chicken with savory taco seasoning, chunky salsa, and a gooey Mexican cheese blend. Plus, the fresh cilantro adds a pop of color and flavor.
This dish is bursting with flavor! The taco seasoning gives the chicken a deliciously spicy kick, while the chunky salsa adds a sweet and tangy taste. The melted Mexican cheese blend combines everything with its creamy texture and rich flavor. And let’s not forget the cilantro – it adds a refreshing and fragrant note to the dish.
What do I need to get started?
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
As mentioned, this is a simple recipe. You need only five common ingredients and a slow cooker for this Mexican-inspired chicken recipe.
- Chicken breasts – or chicken thighs
- Taco seasoning
- Chunky salsa – regular or spicy
- Mexican cheese blend
- You may want to use a thermometer to check your chicken so you don’t overcook.
- Serve with a side salad and your favorite vegetables.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze Cheddar Salsa Chicken for up to 3 months.
Crockpot Cheesy Salsa Chicken FAQ
I anticipate a few questions you may have when you start making this. I hope this clarifies and makes the process easier for you to make.
Yes, you can use either chicken breasts or thighs, depending on your preference. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken breasts may cook faster than thighs.
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or queso fresco.
The level of spiciness can be adjusted to your liking by using either regular or spicy salsa and adjusting the amount of taco seasoning used.
Yes, you can prepare the chicken ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
In conclusion, this Crockpot Cheesy Salsa Chicken recipe is a delicious and easy way to spice your chicken dinner. Its bold flavors and simple preparation will make it a family favorite in no time!
Crockpot Cheesy Salsa Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Place the chicken in the crockpot and sprinkle with the taco seasoning.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken, then set the crockpot on high for 2 hours or up to 4 hours on low. Check the chicken with a meat thermometer occasionally the last half hour of cooking.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Place the lid back on the crockpot and allow to melt.
- Before serving, sprinkle with cilantro.