Creamy and Comforting Green Chili Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
Indulge in the comforting flavors of the Southwest with our Green Chili Chicken Corn Chowder recipe. This hearty and aromatic soup combines tender chicken, roasted green chilies, and sweet corn in a creamy broth for a delightful culinary experience.
Green Chili Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
When the chill of autumn creeps in, there’s nothing quite like a hearty bowl of soup to warm your body and soul.
If you’re a fan of bold flavors and creamy textures, then green chili chicken corn chowder should be at the top of your must-try list. This recipe combines the goodness of chicken, corn, and green chiles in a rich, comforting chowder that’s perfect for a cozy evening at home.
Ingredients: Green Chili Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Chopped onion
- Coves garlic, minced
- Ground white pepper (or black)
- Minced dried thyme
- Cream-style corn (14.75 ounces each)
- Sweet whole kernel corn, drained (14.75 ounces)
- Diced green chiles (4 ounces each)
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounces)
- Half and half
- Chicken broth (as needed)
- Shredded chicken
- Garnish: chopped cilantro and additional cheese
Method for making
This chowder is a delightful fusion of flavors and textures, from the sweetness of corn to the mild heat of green chiles. It’s sure to become a family favorite, especially on those chilly nights when you crave something both comforting and flavorful. Enjoy!
More recipes to try
- Creamy Sausage Potato Soup
- Chicken Gnocchi
- Clam Chowder
- Cheesy and Creamy Broccoli Soup
- Copycat Pasta e Fagioli
Green Chili Chicken Corn Chowder
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper or black
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme minced
- 2 cans (14.75 ounce) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14.75 ounce) sweet whole kernel corn drained
- 2 4 ounces green chiles diced
- 2 cups, 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth as needed
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- Garnish: chopped cilantro and cheese
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, or dutch oven, add butter, onion, and garlic. Cook stirring frequently until the onion is translucent, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, creamed corn, whole corn, green chiles, monterey jack cheese, and stir to combine.
- Slowly stir in the half and half. Add chicken broth a little at a time. Stir it in good between each addition, add more and stir until it reaches the thickness you want.
- Stir in the shredded chicken. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot with garnishes.