Cheesy Creamy Broccoli Soup is quick and easy to prepare with just a few ingredients. It’s a rich and comforting soup, perfect for lunch on-the-go or a lighter dinner with a side salad or sandwich.
Cheesy Creamy Broccoli Soup
This creamy soup is packed with healthy vegetables like broccoli, leeks, and potatoes. Additionally, I added cheese to give it an extra layer of flavor.
The best part about this dish is how simple it is to make – no need to spend hours in the kitchen cooking up something complicated when all you really want is a hearty bowl of hot soup!
And, for a little kick of spicy heat, you can make my recipe for spicy creamy broccoli soup!
Furthermore, another great recipe, copycat street corn soup is a family favorite.
- Olive oil.
- Leeks. Leeks add a nice alternative to onions in soups. They add a lot of flavors. If you don’t want to add leeks you can always sub onions.
- Broccoli. – I use a complete broccoli head for this soup which totaled approximately 5 cups.
- Potatoes. In this application, I use potatoes to help thicken the broccoli soup without adding flour. I used smaller red potatoes because they become creamy with cooked down.
- Vegetable broth.
- Whole milk. You can use all milk but I like to add heavy cream and milk. Heavy cream adds so much flavor and creaminess to the soup that you can’t get from whole milk.
- Heavy cream.
- Cheddar. Any creamy cheese will pair nicely with broccoli. I’m particularly fond of cheddar and broccoli. It’s a classic combination.
- salt & peppermint
- Croutons. I have only just started adding croutons to broccoli soup. I like the nice crunch.
- Parsley and cheese for garnish. Don’t underestimate how much better-looking food is with garnishes.
This soup can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days since this recipe has dairy in it does not freeze.
Shop This Post
- Dutch oven Le Creuset is top of the line, great heat distribution but slightly pricey. Lodge is great if you don’t want to spend as much.
- Wood spoon
- Prep bowls
- Soup bowls or these
- Salt/pepper shakers shown in clamp jars
- Liquid measuring cup
Other Soup Recipes To Enjoy
- Pasta Meatball Soup Recipe
- Skinny Turkey Meatball Tortellini Soup
- Beefy Tomato Soup Recipe
- Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Healthy Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken Soup
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment.
Cheesy Creamy Broccoli Soup
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 medium potatoes chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Croutons, Parsley, Cheese garnishes
- In a large pot, heat up olive oil over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic. Sauté forabout 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, potatoes, vegetable broth, milk salt, and pepper.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- With an immersion blender, blend the soup to your liking.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese, stir to combine everything.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper if necessary.
- Serve warm and enjoy