Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna Soup Recipe is an easy one-pot soup recipe your entire family will love! This is the perfect mix of a hearty, comforting chicken pot pie, lasagna, and soup all in one dish.
This is a creamy soup that tastes much like a chicken pot pie but with hearty pasta.
I’ll be the first to admit, I historically haven’t been a fan of soup. Chili, if you consider that a soup and potato soup were the only two that I’d eat. As I’ve gotten older and the more I blog and experiment with food, the more adventurous I have become with foods I’ll eat. Or, even foods that I’ll try!
In the realm of diverse soups, Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna Soup Recipe is not an unusual one. You can almost guarantee if it has a creamy sauce and noodles it will be good. In fact, if you wanted to forego the vegetables, you could certainly leave them out. However, I’m trying to add more veggies to my diet. I also liked the texture, especially the garbanzo beans, which gave this soup.
Additionally, combining two comfort foods into one makes a big bowl of happiness. If you’re treating a cold with a warm bowl of Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna Soup you may also want to make these Homemade Cough Drops.
As well, any dinner meal I can make in one dish is a keeper for me. Between activities, homework, work, and everything else that comes with running a family, I don’t have time for five dish dinners that they showed on Leave it to Beaver! Who does this these days?
You may also enjoy these soups
Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna Soup Recipe Tips
- I used lasagna noodles, but really any shape of pasta will work in this recipe.
- Additionally, I used a bag of frozen diced carrots, corn, and green beans.
- If you prefer, you may use cannellini, Navy beans, or Great Northern beans instead of the garbanzo beans.
- As well, you’ll notice this recipe has a lot of ingredients and a lot of herbs. Normally, I don’t make recipes with so many ingredients and although this one does, it is still simple to put together. I do not suggest leaving any of the herbs out. With all the creamy sauce, bold herbs are necessary.
- Finally, I love to cook this in a deep stew pot or dutch oven like this one.
Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna Soup Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 10- ounce bag frozen vegetables with diced carrots corn, and green beans
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 cups low sodium chicken broth I like organic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups milk can also use half and half, fat-free evaporated milk, or regular evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream optional
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven. Add chicken and cook until almost cooked through. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoon oil, butter, and add frozen vegetables. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup flour over vegetables and cook for 3 minutes. This will be thick.
- Reduce heat to low whisk in cornstarch into 9 cups of chicken broth, then add to soup.
- Stir in chicken, beans, chicken bouillon, all herbs, all spices, and lasagna.
- Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer 30 minutes until lasagna noodles are tender. Stir occasionally so the noodles don't stick together.
- Stir in milk, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese until cheese is melted.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese and serve.
Loved the easy prep, also left out the beans.
Reheats really well…. Which I live for lunches
A comfort food hug in a bowl! Absolutely delicious!
Robin Donovan says
Lasagna, chicken pot pie, and soup all at once! Love this recipe
Rachel Bost says
Tried today. Left out the beans because I didn’t think the kids would appreciate them. 🙄🤷🏻♀️😬 Soup was yummy! Will definitely fix again! Actually ordered a new Dutch oven for next time. 😁
Thank you, Rachel! Yeah, Lincoln won’t do beans either. And, my Dutch oven is probably my favorite pot. I use it alot.
This ooks and sounds awesome. How would I convert to my slow cooker? Thanks so much.
Mother of 3 says
That looks so delicious! Pinned.
Cheryl Newton says
Hi, Paula! This looks yummy and so perfect for winter. But 1 question: when is the butter used? It’s listed in the ingredients, but not mentioned in the directions. Thanks, Cheryl
So sorry for the omission. The butter and remaining 2 T coconut oil at melted at the same time to cook the vegetables in