Delish Slow Cooker Korean Beef is simple yet full of flavor. Perfect comfort food on a chilly winter night.
After my Braised Korean Spicy and Sweet Short Ribs were a hit with the family, I knew I’d have to bring those flavors to more family meals.
You can’t beat pot roast when it comes to feeding a crowd especially if you utilize a slow cooker.
This roast is tender and flavorful with little effort on your part! Whether you make your chuck roast in the oven or slow cooker the only real ‘work’ on your part is searing the meat and mixing the sauce. Then, low heat and time are all it takes.
DELISH SLOW COOKER KOREAN BEEF
I made an Asian inspired spicy and sweet sauce with soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper. The sauce reduces down creating a sticky glaze that coats the roast perfectly.
I served the pot roast with rice but noodles would be tasty too. The sauce sticks to the rice or noodles and creates a flavor-filled bite.
HOW TO MAKE DELISH SLOW COOKER KOREAN BEEF
- Brown roast and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until fork tender.
WHAT IS POT ROAST?
Pot roast is a big, tough beef cut that’s priced cheap. These tough cuts are perfect for slow cooking. You can sear, cover, and cook these cuts slowly in the oven or slow cooker with herbs and veggies until they are fall-apart tender.
WHAT BEEF CUTS DO I USE?
The nice thing about pot roast is that you can use inexpensive cuts of meat. Tough cuts with lots of connective tissue like chuck, brisket, and round are the perfect cuts to use.
Cooking it ‘low and slow’ in the crockpot for incredibly juicy results! However, you can cook on high but be sure to shorten the cooking time to avoid overcooking.
Chuck: Chuck roast, shoulder steak, boneless chuck roast, chuck shoulder pot roast, chuck seven-bone pot roast, or beef chuck arm. My first choice for pot roast. It has outstanding marbling, making the roast tender and juicy
Brisket: Brisket comes from the well-exercised breast section of the cow, and this means it has a lot of connective tissue. It’s most known for barbecue recipes and typically cooked in a smoker. However, brisket makes a great pot roast.
Round: Rump roast or bottom round. It is leaner than either the brisket or chuck, so you may need to add some additional fat to prevent your pot roast from drying out.
Slow cooking these cuts breaks the collagen down, tenderizing the meat. The beef releases its juices into the broth, providing your roast with incredible flavor. Adding flour or cornstarch thickens the juices into gravy.
For leftovers, I enjoy making hoagies.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Creamy Italian Chicken
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
- Red Wine Pomegranate Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
- Three Pack Slow Cooker Roast
Tools to making this Two Pack Slow Cooker Roast:
Finally, Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Delish Slow Cooker Korean Beef
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 to 4 pound beef chuck roast
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce can substitute beef broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar light or dark, packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger fresh, grated
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pat the meat dry with paper towels and sprinkle black pepper on all sides. Sear in a hot skillet on the stove on all sides. Transfer to a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy, Worcestershire, sugar, garlic, ginger, and vinegar. Pour over meat in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- This is great over rice or noodles. It's also good in sandwiches and tacos.