This Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken never disappoints! This chicken recipe is packed full of spicy Buffalo flavor. This recipe is so, so easy, creamy, and delicious.
Furthermore, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe is so versatile! We eat it as is, on sandwiches, on nachos, and on quesadillas. The boys are loving quesadillas with Buffalo Chicken right now (and I love how easy they are).
Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
This chicken is INSANELY good! It’s spicy and flavorful and the sauce is silky and creamy.
If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can bake it on low in the oven. Just place the ingredients in a braising pan or
It’s also simple to make. Let the slow cooker do the work. All you do is place the chicken in the slow cooker with Italian seasoning,
Ingredients for buffalo chicken
This is really a simple recipe with just four ingredients and the slow cooker does all the work. You’ll be making it weekly!
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save this recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it. More information in the recipe card below.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless. *See post for substitutions
- .7 ounce pack Italian salad dressing mix I used this brand
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature, cut into cubes
- 10 ounces Buffalo chicken wing sauce I used this brand, Moore’s brand, and Sweet Baby Ray’s brand. Honestly, there isn’t much difference in the taste in any of them. BUT, Make sure you use wing sauce, not hot sauce!
Buffalo chicken tips & info
- You can use bone-in breast or chicken thighs for this recipe. Allow longer to cook. You’ll have to test the chicken. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
- For the packet of Italian Salad Dressing mix, you do not make the salad dressing. Use the seasoning only.
- As well, you can use Ranch seasoning mix. I prefer Italian, but both are good.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
- Finally, I used Frank’s Wing Sauce. You can use a regular hot sauce instead of a wing sauce, but taste test it first and/or reduce the amount you use. It may be extremely hot.
How to shred the chicken
A note on shredded the chicken. You can certainly use two forks and shred the chicken in the slow cooker. However, the
Either method works, and the only reason to take it out is to be able to whisk the sauce better. (Otherwise, you may have little clumps of
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is a versatile and easy family favorite meal. We like to eat it plain with a side salad. It’s also good in a wrap, on tortilla chips, or on hamburger buns.
Side dishes for Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
and as always you can find great recipes in my Recipe Index.
More easy, delicious slow cooker recipes your family will love!
I updated this post from an earlier version dated November 21, 2019. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken.
- Scatter the cubed cream cheese over the chicken.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on low 4 hours or high 2 – 2.5 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and whisk sauce until it's smooth.
- Take 2 forks and shred the chicken. Put it back into the slow cooker and stir. Serve.