Strawberry Ricotta Toast makes a satisfying and healthy breakfast and takes very little time to make. It’s the perfect quick breakfast, satisfying snack, or fancy appetizer. Ricotta toast is ready in 5 minutes and can be changed up in a multitude of ways so you never get bored!
Strawberry Ricotta Toast
So this recipe could not be any simpler to make. Toast the bread, slice the strawberries, put it all together. It’s really that easy.
I always like just s touch of sweetness on my ricotta toast. Today I put fig preserves over the strawberries. It added just enough sweetness and flavor.
Sprouts are a new addition for me. They add texture and nutrients and, of course, they’re visually appealing.
Ricotta cheese has a creamy, soft texture and mild flavor therefore, it’s good in both sweet and savory dishes. It can be made from cow, goat or sheep milk whey. *You can get full-fat ricotta as well as low-fat and fat-free ricotta. Of course the nutrition profile of low-fat and fat-free ricotta will vary compared to full-fat ricotta. These are still rich in protein, calcium, selenium, and phosphorus.
Is Ricotta healthy?
Ricotta is one of the healthiest cheese varieties. It contains all nine essential amino acids and is high in protein, calcium, selenium, and phosphorus, as well as several other important vitamins and minerals. It also boosts bone health, is high in protein, supports weight loss, and helps lower blood pressure.
Ingredients for Date Syrup Drizzled Berry Ricotta Toast
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Bread. The best bread is sturdy bread such as multi-grain, whole grain, or sourdough bread. However, you can use any bread you have on hand. I used Dave’s Killer Bread Powerseed.
- Ricotta. You can use your favorite ricotta whether it’s whole, reduced fat, or low fat ricotta.
- Strawberries. Wash, dry, and slice the strawberries.
- Fig preserves. I drizzled on maybe 1 teaspoon of date syrup to bump up the flavor.
- Sprouts. I sprinkled Himalayan salt over my toast just before eating it. I love the salt with the contrasting sweet date syrup.
What are the benefits of ricotta toast?
Ricotta toast has a little of everything for a satisfy, nutritious, and stick-with-you breakfast or snack. It is high in protein, fiber, potassium, calsium, Vitamins C & A and a little fat so that it sticks with you until lunch.
Strawberry Ricotta Toast
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Toast bread to the degree that you like it. I like mine crusty.
- Spread ricotta over toasted bread and top with sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle fig preserves over the berries and top with sprouts