Red Onion Avocado and Mango Salsa is a tasty salsa recipe that’s super easy to make, very flavorful, and extremely versatile. Ripe mangoes and avocados tossed with red onions, lime juice, and cilantro is the best summer salad.
- I love this mango salsa recipe so much, I sometimes eat it on its own as a salad.
- But it’s also delicious as a condiment on all sorts of dishes or simply scooped up as a dip with tortilla chips or pita chips.
- It kicks up fish or shrimp tacos with a nice sweet heat flavor.
- As well, this salad is a nice change of flavor or turkey burgers and wraps!
- Finally, try it on grilled flat iron steak, jerk shrimp, or blackened fish.
Red Onion, Avocado, and Mango Salsa
- For a slight change of flavor, try my No Cook Pickled Red Onions.
- If I don’t have a fresh jalapeno, I use pickled. I prefer Sweet Pickled Jalapenos.
- Enjoy this chunky dip with tortilla chips, tacos, or grilled foods.
How to cut and cube a mango
The hardest part about making this salsa is cutting the mango into cubes. However, it’s really easy. Here’s how
- Wash the mango.
- Slice off a sliver of the top (the stem end) and the bottom.
- Cut the mango vertically along the seed on each side. This is the best part of the mango.
- Carefully slice each side slice into a grid pattern without cutting through the skin.
- Using a large spoon scoop out the cubes.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Red Onion Avocado and Mango Salsa
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 mango peeled diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion* *fresh or pickled,
- 2 teaspoon jalapeno* diced, *fresh or pickled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Squeeze lime juice on diced avocado.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Carefully toss being careful not to break the avocado.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly and sit in the refrigerator up to 30 minutes while you prepare rest of the meal. (I don't like to leave it made up for very long. It will start to become mushy.)