Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken, this easy weeknight dinner has bold flavors. It’s hearty, comforting, and great for any time of year! This versatile dinner entree recipe can be eaten alone, over pasta, rice, quinoa, or a bun.
After my Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe has been so popular with readers I wanted to develop another easy slow cooker chicken recipe that you guys would enjoy just as much. I think I’ve found it with this Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken recipe.
This dump-and-go chicken recipe takes just a few minutes to prep then time and the slow cooker does the work.
While it’s not completely carb-free because I used cream of chicken soup, it is low-carb. This recipe is also easy and tastes fantastic. Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken tastes like chicken n dumplings without the dumplings. The broth is seasoned with Zesty Italian Seasoning Mix, garlic, Parmesan, salt, and pepper which makes it spectacular! Truly!
If needed, this keeps well on the warm setting. Make sure the chicken is cooked through before turning to low.
Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken Tips
- Get my favorite slow cooker here.
- I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. It won’t dry out unless you over-cook it. Yes, you can over-cook chicken in the Crock-Pot. Boneless, skinless chicken is easier to shred. You can use chicken thighs or bone-in chicken breasts if you prefer.
- As well, I used Zesty Italian Seasoning. If this is too much for your younger children use traditional Italian seasoning. DO NOT prepare the Italian seasoning mix packet. Add the dry seasoning straight from the packet.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes. This will help it melt easier in the slow cooker.
Can I cook this recipe on the stove?
Yes. First, add the chicken and remaining ingredients to a casserole dish. Next, cover and cook it in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Finally, shred it with two forks.
Can I freeze Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe?
As well, this chicken recipe freezes well. Freeze it in an airtight container and let it thaw fully before reheating, you can definitely make this cooked chicken days ahead of time and store it in your freezer.
While you’re here, check out these slow cooker recipes!
Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
- 4-5 medium chicken breast boneless, skinless. see notes above for substitutions
- 1 tablespoon seasoning blend for chicken Grill Mates Montreal Chicken
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup I used fat free
- 1 envelope Zesty Italian dressing mix Zesty Italian Dressing mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk or as needed
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- rice, quinoa, or pasta to serve over
- Parsley for garnish, if desired
- Spray a large slow cooker insert with cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season chicken with Montreal chicken seasoning, salt, pepper, and Zesty Italian seasoning.
- Pour cream of chicken soup over the top of the chicken.
- Place cubed cream cheese over the cream of chicken.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low heat 5 to 6 hours OR on high heat 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and whisk sauce to coming. Shred chicken with two forks. Return chicken to sauce and stir to combine.
- If it's too thick, you can thin out with a little milk.
- Serve alone or over pasta, rice, or quinoa.