Homemade Sriracha Thousand Island Dressing Wedge Salad is a kicked up version of the classic steak-house salad.
Homemade Sriracha Thousand Island Dressing is a simple wedge of iceburg lettuce topped with spicy dressing, feta and bacon in this retro salad.
Perfect for a throw-back supper club party, Homemade Sriracha Thousand Island Dressing Wedge Salad is certain to make everyone smile. Sometimes those ‘old’ recipe are the best. This one sure is simple and doesn’t take much time to prepare. When I’m hosting a dinner, I like to make some simple recipes and some more complicated ones that way I get to enjoy the party too.
Sometimes a recipe comes along and you moved everything in your editorial calendar to post it sooner rather than later. That’s what happened with this Homemade Sriracha Thousand Island Dressing Wedge Salad recipe. I literally thought of it when I was trying to fall asleep one night.
If I would not have awakened the dog, I would have gotten up and tried the dressing right then. But, when the dog wakes up everyone wakes up so I refrained. I did however make it about 9 a.m. the next morning. Sriracha for breakfast, now that will wake you up!
I also made this recipe before noon one day… in the name of blogging, of course! It’s my job.
Homemade Sriracha Thousand Island Dressing Wedge Salad
- The level of heat in this dressing is completely up to you. If you like more spice, use the ratios I provide below. If you like less spice, use 1/3 cup ketchup and only 1 teaspoon or 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- I used turkey bacon, but by all means use ‘real’ bacon if you prefer
- I used feta, but blue cheese or goat cheese would also be good
- You can also sprinkle sliced green onions and diced tomatoes on your wedge salad
- Plan to make the dressing and refrigerate it from 24 hours beforehand or at least an hour before you plan to serve it.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon minced sweet pickles
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 head of iceburg lettuce
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients together and whisk to combine. Refrigerate.
- Cut lettuce into 4 wedges
- Cook and crumble bacon
- Place one wedges on serving dish, top with 2 tablespoon salad dressing, 1 ounce feta and 2 tablespoon bacon. Repeat with all wedges.
*You can substitute turkey bacon or regular bacon*You can use feta, blue cheese or goat cheese
If you like this Homemade Sriracha Thousand Island Dressing Wedge Salad recipe you may also like some of these recipes