Feta Almond Watermelon Salad is the coolest of salads!
Refreshing and light, this no cook summer side comes fresh from the farm stand!
It’s great for summer suppers and laid-back entertaining!
I can bribe my kids with food. I’ve known it for a while now. I don’t use my talents often, but when necessary it’s good to know. Even more powerful than food is video games! Now, I believe they would do just about anything for an extra hour or two playing games!
Today, I bribed, er, I mean, I asked them to wash my car. It helped that I made a big deal of cutting the watermelon in front of them and let them smell the sweetness of it while they had lunch!
If you’re a parent, you know these tactics!
I made a Watermelon Salad last year that I’m absolutely still in love with. But, being the foodie that I am, I like to tweak a recipe. Even if it’s a great recipe, something inside me wants it to be better!
Feta Almond Watermelon Salad is cool and refreshing. Spring salad greens sit on a thick watermelon steak. Feta adds a tang and almonds adds a nice crunch.
The one ingredient that makes this recipe really sing is Balsamic Reduction. Seriously, I could drink this stuff! Just don’t lean over the pan while it’s reducing and take a big sniff! It’ll totally clear your sinuses and, yes, I learned the hard way on that one!
A seedless watermelon is ideal for this recipe. As you see in the instagram picture my watermelon turned out to have seeds. If this happens, remove as many as you can. You may even want to slice the watermelon thinner or in chunks in order to remove the seeds.
Feta Almond Watermelon Salad
- 8 cups assorted baby salad greens
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds
- ( 8 ) 1 and 1/2 inch thick, slices watermelon chilled, seedless, with rinds removed
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic reduction
- Place one watermelon steak on each plate.
- Layer 1 cup salad greens on top.
- Add blackberries, feta and almonds.
- Top with a drizzle of Balsamic Reduction.
- Chill until ready to serve.