This Avocado Edamame Salad Recipe is a superfood dream! It’s packed full of flavor and nutrients you will want to make this time and time again!
A good green on green on green salad is a keeper! The ‘greens’ in this salad are lettuce, avocado, edamame, cilantro, and green onions. Oh… and they’re even ‘green’ in the salad dressing! I used lime instead of lemon.
Honestly, lime is much better than lemon. Try squeezing lime juice on your salads, fish, shrimp, tacos, Mexican rice. It really makes everything better!
AVOCADO EDAMAME SALAD RECIPE
This is a colorful, filling, and nutritious entrée or side salad. Avocados, edamame, and lettuce are the main components.
HONEY LIME VINAIGRETE
First, don’t be intimated by the list of ingredients for this recipe, more specifically for the salad dressing. They are simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry. Plus, the dressing comes together really quickly in a blender or even any jar with a lid!
Because there is already a creamy element, avocado, in this salad I like a vinaigrette dressing best. However, you do you and top it with your favorite salad dressing.
As well, if you just don’t like making vinaigrette or any salad dressing, feel free to pick up your favorite at the store. There are so many salad dressings to choose from now. I like this Green Chile Lime Salad Dressing or the Lemon & Herb Vinaigrette on this salad.
HOW TO CHOOSE AVOCADOS
- The best avocados to choose at the grocery store will yield to gentle pressure when you squeeze them. As well, you definitely don’t want avocados that are already mushy.
- You can buy them a couple of days ahead of time so they have time to ripen. Furthermore, you can speed up the avocado ripening process. Simply place unripe avocados in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana for two to three days until they are ripe and soft.
- Cut avocados just before serving as they will turn brown.
- Squeeze lemon or lime juice over cut avocado then they won’t brown as quickly.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Favorite Fruit Salad
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad
- Pina Colada Ambrosia Salad
- Fruit Salad Basket
- Grape Salad
I updated this post from an earlier version dated January 18, 2013. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried these cookies? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Avocado Edamame Salad Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
HONEY LIME VINAIGRETTE
- *Alternately, you can add all the dressing ingredients in a Mason canning jar, place the lid on tightly, and vigorously shake until the ingredients are well blended.
- Peel and slice avocado. Squeeze lime juice over cut avocado so prevent them from turning brown.
- Microwave edamame until cooked per the directions on the package. Remove and cool.
- Top with salad dressing and serve immediately.