Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad Recipe simply delicious, this salad is equally as good with fresh fruit or convenient canned fruit.
The secret is using dry instant pudding. It combines with the fruit juice to create a slightly sweet, rich sauce that coats every bite of the fruit.
This is my favorite, go-to fruit salad recipe. I serve it as a side and it’s a great addition to your brunch buffet.
I also like to serve my Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad Recipe over pound cake. Choose any number of pound cakes from my Pound Cake Series to smother with fruit salad. I would suggest the Whipping Cream Pound Cake, Million Dollar Pound Cake, Mile High Pound Cake, Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake, or Blue Ribbon Pound Cake.
This is the kind of recipe you want to share but I also hate to share! It’s so good and so simple. I almost hate to share it with anyone because I know they’ll start taking it to potlucks and there goes my ‘go-to’ dish!
Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad Recipe
- Use fresh, frozen, or canned fruit.
- One exception to the above, I prefer to always used canned pineapple chunks in juice. It can be packed in light syrup or heavy, your preference.
- You may choose regular or sugar-free instant pudding mix. I prefer vanilla flavor the best, but in actuality, any flavor will work.
- After adding the instant pudding to the pineapple juice, allow it to thicken before adding to the fruit. It will not be as thick as the pudding recipe from the box, but should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. You can add 1 to 2 more teaspoons of instant pudding mix if necessary.
- Quantities are guidelines, can’t find or don’t like raspberries? Omit them and use more of your favorite. This recipe is highly adaptable to what you like best.
Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad Recipe use either fresh, canned, or frozen fruit in this simple fruit salad.
- 3 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks drain and reserve juice
- 2 to 3 peaches sliced or cut into chunks (1 small can or 1 cup)
- 2 cups strawberries stemmed and sliced
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup blueberries washed and drained
- 1 cup raspberries washed and drained
- 1 cup blackberries washed and drained
- Whisk 3 tablespoon instant pudding into pineapple juice. Allow to dissolve and thicken.
- Combine fruit in a large bowl.
- Pour pudding mixture over fruit and gently stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also enjoy.