Instant Pot Pineapple Brown Sugar Ham is super tasty glazed with brown sugar and pineapple. It’s the tastiest and quickest way to enjoy ham for your holiday feast!
First, let me clarify. I cooked this 3-pound spiral cut ham in an Instant Pot. However, I cooked it on the slow cooker setting.
INSTANT POT PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR HAM
There are two things we always have on the table at Thanksgiving and Christmas. We always have turkey and ham. Honestly, I think everyone enjoys the ham better. There’s rarely ever any left and if there is it’s claimed quickly and put away by someone to take home.
Yes, it’s just that good.
This recipe has pineapple and brown sugar giving it both a sweet and savory flavor. This ham recipe results in a super juicy, tender, and very flavorful ham.
- Ham. You can use a spiral ham, semi-boneless ham, whole ham, or half ham, depending on the size. However, whatever you choose make sure it fits in the electric pressure cooker.
- Brown sugar. Sweetens the ham slightly and helps it to brown.
- Pineapple. I used pineapple slices, but you can also use crushed. You could also use peaches or maraschino cherries.
- Spices. If you want to add more complex flavors to your ham try dusting it with smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, or onion powder. You can also add soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce.
HOW LONG TO COOK HAM IN AN INSTANT POT
Spiral Sliced ham is already precooked so you only need to warm the ham through. Cook your ham for 2 minutes per pound on high pressure plus 10 Minutes to the total time to account for foil. This will warm the ham through perfectly and keep the ham from drying out.
The internal temperature of the ham should reach a minimum of 145 degrees F after cooking.
LEFTOVER INSTANT POT PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR HAM
Leftovers are the best part. Store your ham leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
You can use leftover ham in numerous different ways.
- Grands Ham Biscuit Sliders
- Easy Breakfast Ham and Cheese Pizza
- Ham Hashbrown Casserole
- Ham Cheese and Potato Frittata
- Creole 15 Bean Soup with Sausage and Ham
Equipment you’ll need
More recipes you’ll love
- Brown Sugar Ham Steak
- Delish Kentucky Hot Brown Burger
- Kentucky Hot Brown Mac and Cheese
- One Pan Best Damn Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole
- Game Day Pork Tenderloin
- Pot Stickers
- Rump Roast Instant Pot recipe
- Kentucky Hot Brown
- Steak and Potato Soup – Instant Pot recipe
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook!
INSTANT POT PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR HAM
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 pound spiral ham pre-cooked
- 20 ounces pineapple sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Start by putting the brown sugar at the bottom of your instant pot.
- Add the spiral ham on top of the brown sugar.
- Add the maple syrup and pour over the ham.
- Put the slices of pineapple over and between the ham slices. Next, pour the pineapple juice into the instant pot.
- Put the pressure cooker on the slow cooker setting, low for 5 hours, or on high for 2.5 hours.
- Once the ham is done, take about ¼ cup of the pineapple juice and mix in a separate bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Paint this mixture on the hame with a basting brush.
- Serve warm.
The Instant Pot makes this such an easy recipe! And I love the flavor the glaze gives it. Yum!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing pineapple brown sugar ham recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
Wow! This ham was absolutely scrumptious! The Instant Pot made it so simple and quick. Our guests loved it, too. I’ll definitely be serving it at other gatherings. Thank you!