Ham Hashbrown Casserole is an easy, cheesy, hearty breakfast recipe that’s loaded with tasty ingredients and no ‘cream of’ anything soups. It is the ultimate comfort food and great for breakfast, or at any meal!
My family enjoys breakfast for dinner many nights. It’s easy, quick, and comforting. We also enjoy Ham Hashbrown Casserole for breakfast as well as for dinner. I make it beforehand and simply bake it when we’re ready to eat.
Typically, I serve Ham Hashbrown Casserole with biscuits and fresh fruit for a tasty meal.
You may also enjoy these breakfast recipes
Ham Hashbrown Casserole
- You can make this casserole beforehand and refrigerated when ready to cook.
- This makes a good recipe for leftover ham.
- Additionally, you can substitute bacon or cook sausage for the ham in the recipe.
- You can also add 1/4 cup chopped green onions or sweet onions to the recipe.
- If you like cheese, add more. Cheddar and Colby cheese are always a great combo to add.
- Want to cut a few grams of fat and calories? You can omit the cream and use whole, 2%, or 1% milk. It will not be as creamy, but will still be great.
The epitome of comfort food, serve this casserole recipe for Sunday brunch, busy weeknight dinner, or potluck side. This simple recipe can be served with minimal sides of fruit or a side to your family for a complete meal.
Ham Hashbrown Casserole
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 and 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup ham diced
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper, mustard, 1 cup cheddar, milk, cream, and eggs to a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Stir in ham.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan that's been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- *You can cover and refrigerate overnight at this step or bake immediately.
- If baking immediately, heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Do not cover casserole to cook.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until eggs are cooked.
- Serve hot.
Sharing with friends at Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck