Baked Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe | No ‘cream of’ soup – Be a dinner-time hero when you make this delicious sweet-and-savory side dish! It’s a fabulously easy recipe that is always a family favorite and a hit at pot-lucks.
Does your family have the same menu every time for holiday celebrations? We do. We all contribute to our family holiday meal. Each family has a favorite dish or two we like to make and take. Well, Baked Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe isn’t my normal casserole to take. My sister-in-law typical brings it, but wasn’t able to attend last year. It’s one of my favorites recipes of the meal.
I revised her recipe a little. My version of Baked Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe has No ‘cream of’ soup in it. I’m not one of those people that refuse to eat cream of mushroom, celery, or chicken soup. But, if I’m making a recipe, I like to control sodium and ‘cream of’ soups usually have high sodium content.
You may enjoy these casseroles or this Corn and Rice Casserole
Baked Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe is a rich and creamy casserole. In fact, you could top it with cheese instead of the crackers and call it a dip. It’s very similar to a corn dip recipe that I am crazy about. Sometimes, you just need to splurge and there’s no better way than with this casserole.
My favorite part of this casserole recipe is the buttery cracker topping. I highly recommend you don’t skip it.
If you’ve ever tried to photograph a casserole, you understand the problem of how difficult it is. All the food is mixed together and almost impossible to get a good photograph. Take my word for it, this Baked Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe is amazing even if the photography isn’t.
Other than the fact that casseroles are hard to photograph, I love the convenience of them. Casserole recipes are also quick, easy, filling, economical, and most freeze well.
*Finally, you can make this a complete meal by adding 1 to 2 cups of shredded or chopped cooked chicken. A store-bought rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken will work beautifully!
Baked Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
Baked Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe has no 'Cream of' soup.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk or stock
- 12-ounce package frozen corn
- 8-ounces sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 roll (about 1 and 1/4 cup) crushed butter crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium saucepan melt 3 tablespoon butter
- Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, and celery seed and stir
- Stirring constantly, add milk or stock and bring to a low boil
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add this mixture in a medium bowl along with corn, sour cream, and cheese. Stir.
- Pour into an oven safe dish
- Combine 1/4 melted butter and crushed butter crackers.
- Evenly spread cracker mixture over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are bubbly and crackers are toasted.
*See post above for substitution suggestions.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.