Chewy, Gooey and super chocolatey, The Best Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies is a fudgy chocolate brownie that’s moist and decadent.
If you thought you couldn’t make fudgy brownies without a box mix…you were wrong.
Isn’t everyone always looking for the perfect brownie recipe? One that has a rich dark chocolate? Or one that’s chewy? Or, one that’s cakey or crusty on top? With nuts? without nuts? With frosting, without frosting? Even in the same batch of brownies, you may prefer the corner piece or a piece out of the center. There are probably as many ideal brownies as there are people, each having a distinct preference.
For these reasons, I set out on a mission to find the perfect brownie. I have series on Cobblers and Pound Cakes on Call Me PMc where I have tested various cobbler and pound cake recipes. It occurred to me to do the same with brownies. This is the first in that series. I’ll admit The Best Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies Recipe will be hard to beat!
The Best Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies Recipe is dense and rich. I used good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are chewy around the edges that baked against the pan while having a gooey, soft, fudgy inside with the perfect crackly crust on top. In the words of Big Daddy, “They’re velvety, but light.”
As well, The Best Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies Recipe is quick and easy to whip up. They are made with basic ingredients you probably keep in the pantry. Therefore, they do not require a special trip to the grocery store or unique ingredients.
You may enjoy these brownies as well
For best results for clean-cut brownies, allow the brownies to cool completely. Use a long serrated knife or chef’s knife. And, wipe the knife after each cut.
The Best Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies Recipe
Yield 16 slices
The Best Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies Recipe is quick and easy to whip up. They are made with basic ingredients you probably keep in the pantry. This recipe is rich, decadent, and possibly the very best brownie you've ever had!
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed (salted or unsalted can be used, your preference)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Either grease a 9x9-inch baking pan with solid vegetable shortening or spray with a non-stick spray. If you plan to take these somewhere to serve, I recommend lining the pan with parchment paper (spray or grease the parchment paper as well) allowing a few inches to over-hang the sides to use as handles to remove the brownies from the pan.
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter, and water to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups chocolate chips. Stir until melted.
- Allow to cool 20 minutes.
- Whisk beaten eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- In another bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt.
- Whisk flour mixture into chocolate and egg mixture.
- Whisk, by hand, until combined
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 40 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting for cleaner slices.
For recipe tips, read post above.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.