Easy Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch (Food Processor) are light and fluffy. Made in a food processor to lessen the chance of over-mixing, you’ll find these biscuits really easy to make!
My favorite way to enjoy them is hot out of the oven with melted butter!
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch
Three ingredients and one bowl (or food processor) are all you need for delectable, flaky, buttery Southern-style biscuits.
This recipe makes eight Southern classic biscuits.
- I typically cut the frozen butter into small cubes. You can also grate it.
- Next, I add the sifted flour and butter to the food processor and pulse it until it looks crumbly.
- Add the buttermilk to the food processor through the top lid and pulse until the dough comes together. It will stick together and pull away from the side of the bowl.
- Using your (clean) hands or a spatula dump the dough onto parchment paper or waxed paper that’s been floured.
- Press the dough to about 1/2-inch thickness then fold it over itself. Repeat the two more times.
- Finally, cut the biscuits into any shape you want.
Much like when making a pie crust, use cold butter, and cut it into cubes.
I pulsed the butter and flour together until it looked crumbly.
Next, I poured in the buttermilk and processed it until just combined. Don’t overwork the dough.
Part of the secret to fluffy biscuits is no kneading or rolling the dough. I pat mine out very lightly to the thickness I want, then I cut them with a biscuit cutter.
Do you use cast-iron skillets to bake biscuits?
What do I serve with Buttermilk Biscuits?
You can serve biscuits with either sweet or savory fillings.
- White or brown gravy
- Chocolate gravy
- Blueberry Jalapeno Jam, Strawberry Jam, or any jam or jelly
- Syrup (try a good Maple Syrup)
- Cheese or pimento cheese
- Bacon or sausage
More like this
- Bisquick Cinnamon Biscuits
- Buttered Pan Biscuits
- Blue Cheese Biscuits
- 3 Ingredient Biscuits for Two
- Homemade Sausage Cheddar Biscuits
- Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Biscuits
- Bacon Cheese Butter Pan Biscuits
- Frozen Buttermilk Biscuits
- Cream Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
- Blueberry Biscuits
- Cinnamon Biscuits
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch (Food Processor)
- ⅓ cup cold butter cut into pieces
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Add flour and butter to a food processor. Pulse until combined and crumbly.
- Add buttermilk and pulse until buttermilk is incorporated into the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Pour out onto a lightly floured surface; Pat dough to ½-inch thickness and fold the dough over on itself. Repeat two more times. Cut into biscuits and place on a greased pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 11 to 15 minutes or until golden.