Buttered Pan Biscuits. Warm, homemade biscuits are so much easier than you thought. This easy biscuit recipe is made with just six ingredients.
We have a Saturday morning tradition. Big Daddy (aka W, Wes, Wesley or Sweet Cheeks) makes breakfast on Saturday morning. Usually, it’s biscuits, Chocolate Gravy (the boys call it ‘Mommie’s Gravy’ even though it’s not ‘my’ gravy at all but I guess they associate something sweet with me) or Brown Gravy, (You guessed it, they call Brown Gravy, Daddy’s gravy… which actually IS his gravy.) and sausage or bacon… maybe eggs.
Sometimes we have waffles, my favorite, but I’m always watching calories so I usually let them choose unless I’m having a craving.
Big Daddy is obsessed with biscuits. He insists I make better biscuits. I insist he just says that so that I’ll make the biscuits.
I got to wondering if I could make them in one large pan then cut them after they’re baked. Sound weird? We both hate cutting biscuits out and the clean up. Lincoln doesn’t like the ‘brown parts’.
I gave it a try. Big Daddy – thumbs up! Me – thumbs up! Lincoln (#1) – thumbs up! (who knew, right?!) Ryder (Curly)- two thumbs up! (he likes his breakfasts!)
Ingredients in Buttered Pan Biscuits
You probably already have every ingredient to make these biscuits.
How to make…
Basically, there are just two simple steps to mixing the biscuits
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together.
- Shake the buttermilk and measure. Add the buttermilk and mix until a wet, sticky dough is formed. Don’t overmix.
- Melt butter in an 8×8-inch baking dish and swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the dough, and spread it evenly.
- Slice the dough into nine equal pieces and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If needed, run a knife through the biscuits once more to cut through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Buttered Pan Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt butter in an 8x8-inch dish.
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl. Add buttermilk and stir until just combined. Don't over stir.
- Pour dough into the dish with melted butter and press flat. Score into squares.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.