Brie Fig Grilled Cheese – Gourmet grilled cheese sandwich oozing with melted brie cheese and fig preserve nestled between buttery bread! It’s out-of-this-world good!
HOW TO MAKE BRIE FIG GRILLED CHEESE
Preheat griddle over medium heat. (I just love this griddle skillet.) Generously add butter to one side of both slices of bread. On one of the bread slices, add fig preserves or any spreads to the opposite side of the butter. Place the bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add brie cheese. Place the other slice of bread that is already buttered on top, with the butter-side-up. Grill until lightly browned and with a large spatula, carefully flip over to brown the other side. Flip over again if the cheese has not yet melted.
And, there you go. The result is a finger linkin’, outrageous meal in minutes!
Brie Fig Grilled Cheese
- 3 ounces brie cheese sliced (about 2 to 3 oz or enough to cover 2 bread slices)
- 2 Tablespoons fig preserves
- 4 slices Texas toast or other thick, dense bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat griddle to med-high. Butter one side of each piece of bread. Layer cheese on the un-buttered side of 2 slices of bread.
- Spread fig preserves on un-buttered side of other 2 slices of bread and sandwich together.
- Place on griddle pan and grill until golden brown, turn and repeat.