Chocolate Gravy is a Southern classic. It’s a rich and buttery chocolate sauce that’s best served warm over hot biscuits!
Melt butter in a saucepan.
Add cocoa and stir.
Add flour and stir. Cook 2 minutes.
Add sugar and stir. Cook until sugar dissolves.
Add milk and whisk lumps out.
Bring to a boil. Boil a couple of minutes then simmer.
Add vanilla and stir.
Pour over hot buttermilk biscuits!
The mix makes a great gift. Get the details here> Chocolate Gravy Mix Gift.
- 1/2 cup real butter no substitutions recommended
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 3 cup milk
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add cocoa, flour, and sugar. Cook two minutes.
- Add milk and whisk.
- Bring to boil and boil 2 minutes.
- Reduce to simmer and add vanilla.
- Simmer until thick.
- Cool slightly. Split biscuits then spoon chocolate gravy over the top.
Serve Chocolate Gravy over Easy Buttermilk Biscuits!
Another old fashioned treat is Donuts from Canned Biscuits